Pop-ups

alanporter

Visit site
Every time I log on to this website now I get a pop-up, with a dense black background,advertising a Jaguar diesel vehicle. There is no little cross in the top right hand corner for me to delete it, and it takes a great deal of trouble to get back into the website. I am not interested in cheap foreign vehicles, so how can I stop this rude intrusion ?

<hr width=100% size=1>Alan Porter

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
The click out box is bottom right, below the main panel. It isn't very clear and I've reported that back in the hope that someone can persuade the submitting agency to do the honorable thing.

In any event the Jaguar ad is now capped to two appearances per user session.

We very rarely take these types of ads but ybw.com is free-to-view but not free-to-run so we do have to consider taking revenue of this kind.

<hr width=100% size=1>

cpedw

Visit site
Alan,
You could download Pow from www.analogx.com
It's a popup killer. You tell it which windows are popups and it never lets them appear again. There are probably others available. I first heard about it on this board some time ago.
Hope it helps,
Derek

<hr width=100% size=1>

frilaens

Visit site
Do they pop up or not based on the length of your boat???

30 foot must be too short: nobody seems to want to sell me a Jag :(

Andy

<hr width=100% size=1>

pvb

Visit site
Norton Internet Security...

Norton Internet Security 2003 has excellent ad-blocking features, as well as a host of other essential benefits and outstandingly easy anti-virus protection.

<hr width=100% size=1>

PGD

www.peter-davey.com
see similar thread in motor boat chat " Non boating"

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mssa.org.uk>http://www.mssa.org.uk</A> Marine Service Standards Assistance

alanporter

Visit site
Thank you, everyone, for your helpful replies. However, I expected to get my knuckles rapped for my tongue-in-cheek reference to Jaguars as being a "cheap foreign vehicle" ! Actually, Jags are almost as expensive here in Canada as they are in Britain.

<hr width=100% size=1>Alan Porter

BrendanS

Visit site
they've gone down market a bit now with horrible jelly mould bottom of range models. Yeearchh!

<hr width=100% size=1>Err, let me know if Depsol enters the forum, I'll go and hide

Blue_Blazes

Visit site
What a brilliant bit of freeware! I was getting seriously p*ssed off with persistent ads for junk I wouldn't want in a million years. Thanks for the tip.

Bill.

<hr width=100% size=1>One of these days I'll have a boat that WORKS

kdf

Visit site
For internet explorer users I suggest you try toolbar.google.com. It adds a new toolbar underneath the link and allows you to search google without leaving your current page. It also allow you to either supress or all popups on a per site basis which is really nice.

http://toolbar.google.com

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
With the price of the Mags that are affiliated to this site, that is not an acceptable reason Kim. If you did police the site properly, kept all the stupid and irresponsible "chat" that you yourself complain about, off the main Forums and stopped worrying about the legal implications of users legitimate gripes and backed off from apparently supporting businesses and thus your advertising revenue sources against the thousands who buy the mags and for whom they were supposed to be for you would get more sympathy for your views. It's bad enough to have car ads etc. in the mags themselves.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>