Plymouth meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoty

Visit site
Who is up for a Plymouth meet and if so; suggestions as to where?

The Royal Plymouth Corinthians is a superb venue if they would let us in!

SimbaDog

Visit site
Guess it won't need to be a very big venue /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Perhaps everyone else is tea total /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

yoty

Visit site
That's OK, I've booked the telephone kiosk on the Hoe! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

HoratioHB

sowethereyet.blogspot.co.uk
Absorutery. Caroldevon organised one last year and it was really nice to put names to faces and have a few beers. We had a good turnout. Not sure if there is any interest but last year we were about to diasappear as Caribbean liveaboards, we are now back for the hurricane season and could now bore for England on the subject including about 30 million photos. We would be quite happy to share our experiences (those we can remember that is - the rum really is cheap)

letsdoitagain.

SimbaDog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Absorutery. Caroldevon organised one last year and it was really nice to put names to faces and have a few beers. We had a good turnout. Not sure if there is any interest but last year we were about to diasappear as Caribbean liveaboards, we are now back for the hurricane season and could now bore for England on the subject including about 30 million photos. We would be quite happy to share our experiences (those we can remember that is - the rum really is cheap)

letsdoitagain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

breezer5012

Visit site
Hello! Just seen this as we are just back from holiday. Paul I and would be interested - just need a date time and place /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. The Bori was good last time, if a bit cramped for us all. Not sure what the new bar / restaurant at Yacht Haven is like - I know they had a bumpy start but things have reportedly improved with 3 new chefs on board.

HoratioHB

Yeah I was thinking of the new Yacht Haven bar - called the Bridges - we went there the other day and were pleasantly surprised - you can even sit outside if the gales/rain/plaguesof frogs/snow etc don't stop you! Food is served in the bar or the posh restaurant upstairs - but its the same menu.

Hows about I propose the last Saturday in Sept ie 27th which I think gets us past the Boat Show.

If there are enough takers I am willing to organise, ie ring them up and book some tables!!

Carolwildbird

art-of-remembering.typepad.com
Yes, I'm up for it.... should be back from Ireland the weekend before.... and, Horatio HB - I'd love to see the pics!

Goosewing may come too if she's not away

Carol

*(HoratioHB -sorry havent replied earlier- been away sailing for a change)

HoratioHB

Right then - for everyones diaries - Saturday 27 th in the Yacht Haven - I will confirm with them but its a reasonably large place so unless we are inundated we should not need to book.

That said will everyone interested post on here so I can get some idea of numbers

HoratioHB

Aaarghh, oops, sod it etc etc - SWMBO has just pointed out that I have to be in Manchester early on Sunday 28th and will have to go Saturday night.

My next available Saturday is 11 Oct - is that too late for everyone? Let me know and we can either change the date or stick with the 27th and maybe Carol could step into the breach.

Sorry

Really sorry

SimbaDog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Aaarghh, oops, sod it etc etc - SWMBO has just pointed out that I have to be in Manchester early on Sunday 28th and will have to go Saturday night.

My next available Saturday is 11 Oct - is that too late for everyone? Let me know and we can either change the date or stick with the 27th and maybe Carol could step into the breach.

Sorry

Really sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

OK for me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

HoratioHB

Righty ho one and all - I popped in the other day and we do need to book as it gets busy on a Saturday. I'll provisionally book for a round dozen - and keep an eye on numbers here. Lets say 1900-1930ish. The bar is called the Bridge and its on the end of the main block in the Yacht Haven at Mountbatten/Turnchapel. Parking is fine - next to the old hangars.

See you all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.