Plymouth leaving boat for a week

RubyII

Visit site
Looking for any recommendations for a sensibly(I know I'm back on the South Coast) priced Marina in Plymouth to leave my boat while I have to pop home for a week or so . Any suggestions? thanks

Lucky Duck

Visit site
I left mine in Sutton Harbour for a week not long ago, it’s not cheap but is perfectly sheltered and the railway station is about a 20 minute walk from there

From memory Mayflower is the cheapest of the lot

B27

Visit site
Try Huggins in Torpoint.
They might have a mooring or marina berth somewhere in their empire.

Tomaret

Visit site
Try Huggins in Torpoint.
They might have a mooring or marina berth somewhere in their empire.
Before I moved my boat down to the Tamar this year i left mine on a mooring at Torpoint most years for a week or two. They operate a water taxi on the hour. I’d recommend them.

Lucky Duck

Visit site
As a semi-frequent visitor to Torpoint in the past I thought I‘d look at their current pricing which is not especially cheap these days - e.g. mooring £35 per night or £40 in Ballast Pond.

Torpoint Ballast Pond

Moorings

Last edited:

doug748

Visit site
Indeed, for a one week stay, for an 11m boat, Torpoint would be £222 vs £275 at Plymouth Yacht Haven. Cheaper, but not by a lot.
Plus the Ballast pond is very tight and has tidal bar. The club should be able to sort you out IF you can get hold of the right person. Phone them, clubhouse is open every day.

TiggerToo

Visit site
I left mine in Sutton Harbour for a week not long ago, it’s not cheap but is perfectly sheltered and the railway station is about a 20 minute walk from there

From memory Mayflower is the cheapest of the lot
A vote for Mayflower...
Great staff.