Please will you be my friend?

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Owing to my phone (RIP) taking a swim this weekend I have just got a new one, but now I have no friends!

If you have my phone number in your phone, could you please send me a text so I have your number again? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

If you would like to be my friend and you don't have my number in your phone, please PM me for my mobile number.

Thanks

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
'Bernie, you wear that pirate outfit and you'll have no shortage of new friends!'

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks to all of you who PM'd or texted me so quickly. My new phonebook is filling up nicely with forumite numbers I had before and a few others I should have had in the first place.

Wish it was going to be so easy retrieving all the other phone numbers I had /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

DRANNIE

Visit site
Did you get the phone back or was it consigned to the briny deep? If you got it back its worth taking the battery out, letting dry for a few days and seeing if you can charge it. I revived by wifes treo which got dunked in orange juice and appeared dead. Otherwise its also worth checking the sim card and see if you saved any numbers to it.

You can buy a thingy from most phone shops now that will backup your contacts and some networks also have a system which allows you to back up your phone from the handset. Well worth it once you have managed to reconstruct your phone book. (I know from experience)

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
You obviously need to hear Patrick's story about what happened when he dropped his mobile in a pot of emulsion paint. He'll be along to tell the story soon, no doubt.

My phone did not get consigned to the briny, so it is, as we speak, basking in the balmy temperatures of my airing cupboard.

But since O2 said I could have a free upgrade thought I might as well make use of it. The SIM card didn't seem to have much stored on it, that's why I am asking for people to give me their numbers again. The majority must have been stored on the phone.

In the meantime, if the original phone dries out, I will have a spare. And I will be able to get at the phone numbers of people not in any way connected to the forum or in my hard copy phone book.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flipper

Visit site
Yes I was explaining to Bernie how I dropped my phone in a paint tray of emulsion, fished it out, ran it under the cold tap, dried it off and stuck it in the airing cupboard overnight.

Bernie: (with look of Optimism) “And it worked again?”

Me: “Nah, it was completely knackered”

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Phones.. hmm.. My first new Nokia N95 fell into the Solent. Actually it fell out of my top shirt pocket into a marina and I could see it about 4M down below. The nice phone people sent a new one by courier the next day. The second N95 broke when it fell out of my pocket whilst cycling, they sent another very quickly. The third N95 broke because I put it in my jeans pockets with some coins and the pressure of the coins ruined the screen. That conversation with the phone company was a little more delicate.

The fourth N95 still works but over the weekend I spilt some cellulose thinners on it whilst spraying the TR and it looks like it has caught some horrible plastic skin disease.

I am too scared to phone them again as all this has happened over about three weeks.