Pirates.... Stone Point..... Sat 12th July

CliveG

Visit site
May Be able to make it.
This is the last weekend of our holiday and I may be able to persuade to crew to add it to the trip.
Sunday may work better for us as, ideally, we would go back to Ramsholt to pick up the Captain's Gig so he can be rowed ashore in style.

DavidofMersea

Visit site
Path is not a word I would use, but with stout shoes it is possible and takes a couple of hours.

It is a lovely walk and is quite a long way. I would allow at least 2hours for the walk there and would recommend that you take to torch should your return journey be in the dark..

I am not walking back to my car for 2 hours after the BBQ in the dark, torch or no

nortada

Visit site
Very sensible decision.

Having spoken with locals must agree as the route is along the beach & you would have to cross 3 guts it would be impassible at high tide & down right dangerous in the dark.

Back to the thread.

There appears to be interest for Bank Holiday but opinion is divided between the Saturday or Sunday. Reckon will leave it open for discussion until after the weekend & then go with the majority view.

Hageso can make either day but on balance think Sunday could be the best option for those coming from afar.

If folk want to make a bit of a weekend of it they could come up to The Pond or Titchmarsh or pick up a buoy in the Walton or Twizzle on the Saturday night. Then fall back to anchor at Stone Point on the Sunday?

If Sunday is the choice then I will be in The Pond on the Saturday night so if Pirates are thinking of a stop-over in The Pond I could liaise on their behalf.

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site
Stone Point Do We Do It & When?

The weekend having now come & gone, the response to a re-run of the Stone Point BBQ has hardly been stellar.

Aware that many will have spent the weekend afloat, away from internet access, I propose to leave the questions (shall we & when) hanging until this Thursday (24th). If there is little or no further response then we have the answer that for this year, the Pirates Stone Point Weekend is a 'busted flush'.

As the Bank Holiday appears to be the favourite bet, we could delay the decision but am aware to some will wish to finalise their sailing plans for the school holiday season so think that as the holidays start this week, we have to have a clear answer.

Tried to set up a poll but it would appear that the East Coast Subforum doesn't have this facility?

Last edited:

Catherinen

Visit site
We would love to meet up with some other families sailing with small children (ours are 2.5 and 5.5),especially if treasure hunting and BBQ is in order :). We could probably make the 2nd Aug, 9th Aug and 30th Aug but we can't do the bank holiday weekend. There is a slim chance we could also do this Saturday although the baby pirate maybe left at home with Daddy pirate as he has to finish making the saloon table before our holiday!
Catherine

nortada

Visit site
We would love to meet up with some other families sailing with small children (ours are 2.5 and 5.5),especially if treasure hunting and BBQ is in order :). We could probably make the 2nd Aug, 9th Aug and 30th Aug but we can't do the bank holiday weekend. There is a slim chance we could also do this Saturday although the baby pirate maybe left at home with Daddy pirate as he has to finish making the saloon table before our holiday!
Catherine

Hi, As you see the question of the Stone Point Weekend has still to be decided but the continuing lack of interest probably gives the answer.

Anticipate the decision will be taken this Friday.

Catherine will PM you.

Last edited: