Pile mooring & tender

martinb

Visit site
I have just had to move my boat onto pile moorings, with a neighbour, from pile moorings with a pontoon. With the old mooring I used to pull the tender onto one end of the pontoon where it was out of the way. What is the best way of dealing with the tender on thge pile mooring? I am struggling to think of a way of leaving the tender that isn't inconvenient or extreemly dificult, especially single handed.
Help please!

Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>

Talbot

Visit site
One of the best solutions I have seen for piles, is the use of two mooring buoys seperated by a scaffold pole, and secured fore and aft between the piles. This gives something for the boat to "lean" on while berthing, and can provide a temporary securing point with a single rope amidships. It also seperates two boats and the rope holding the mooring buoys provides somewhere to secure the tender.

<hr width=100% size=1>

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Even if the piles had a pole or rope between them, the problem is getting the tender in position and tied up when the boat is in the way, then on return, having the tender in the way when you are trying to put the boat on the piles.
The problem is exacerbated if you are short / single-handed. I can't think of a satisfactory solution, the only thing that I can come up with is to tie the tender to a running ring that is attached to the pole or rope that is strung between the piles. That way the tender should always be by the down wind / tide pile. If the wind / tide runs across the piles your have no chance, and your neighbour could get very upset. The alternative is to take your tender with you /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
ladybug_zigzag_md_wht.gif