Photo mania

miket

Visit site
With the help of the "phototutor". Well done. Even a technaphobe like me has now managed it.
Stand by;
Previous boat;
P1010124a.jpg

that gave way to anew style of boating.
For the river and all points right up to Lechlade, without even dropping the screen (Osney Bridge in background);
P1010114a.jpg

our 25 year old Freeman 33, with 2 little taxi engines sipping about £50 a year of fuel.
In addition now if we want to try foreign climes we shall charter. This year we went to the Friesland Lakes and had a very comfortable week aboard this Vivante 42, chartered from Sneek;
P1010234a.jpg

A most enjoyable week. We did not have to flog down the Thames estuary, spend the obligatory days in Ramsgate waiting for the weather and then tear up the French/ Belgian coast to spend the few remaining days in South Holland, nice as it is, worrying about the weather for the return journey.
Instead we drove 2 hours to Harwich, had a very pleasant night crossing fast asleep in our cabin to arrive at Hoek van Holland for a liesurely 2 hour drive to Sneek.
And for a bit of fun I bought this to absolve my concience, being Treasurer of the Thames Trad Boat Rally;
puttputt1.jpg

Its only taken me 5 years of postings to sort out this photo attachment business.
Bloody senile!!

miket

Visit site
Brad.
Had the boat been like the hire boats on the Thames I would never have considered this option. It was through the assistance of 2 friends who keep their own boats in Holland that we ended up with such a super boat. One of them, Pheran, is a YBW contributor.
Distinct possibility of a repeat next year, covering a different circular route. Our boat club is considering this in place of the annual downriver cruise.

Phill

Visit site
Mike.

A couple of Sundays ago we came out of Sonning lock and saw your Freeman waiting to go in. It looked fabulous, even my wife commented that she liked the look of it. Hope one day to moor near you and have a closer look.

Phill

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mike, you look a bit peeved to be being photographed in the trad boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

he always looks like that when his glass is empty.

miket

Visit site
Freeman 32, Moonraker 37, Broom 33 (Fairline Turbo 36 remained as Seascape), Broom 37 and Nimbus 345.
The current Freeman 33 will remain as The Four Ferretts.

miket

Visit site
Feel free to flag us down, any time, or if you are passing UTMYC (behind top side of Sonning Lock), pop in.
We are delighted with her.

miket

Visit site
You beat me to it!
Also "management" had just fallen off the bollard she was standing on to get the perfect shot of those handsome craggy features!! I was anticipating the fall out!