Pet hates

Johnjo

Visit site
Ww all have pet hate's, thing's that can really p--s us off.
When we are on board our boat's.
Mine is giving way to yachts on starboard tack ,Who give a cheery wave as they go past, When once past, You realise they were motoring,
To avoid annoying any you in the future be interesting
to hear yours. Yes this is a Troll,
Mike

G

People in a Dehler yacht called Grey Havens who (in Wootton Creek last Sunday 22nd) side swiped my boat causing damage and did not bother to leave a note.

Anybody want to grass this person up?

Or if you are that person, perhaps you could get in touch and send me a cheque!

Grrhhh

Geoff

G

1 Stink boats that come too close (and spill my beer)

2 Jetskis of all kinds and wherever they are

3 Any boat that in a deserted anchorage drops the hook within 10 boat lengths

4 "Yotties" who insist on runnung their engines to charge the batteries when all around them want to relax an enjoy the idyllic surroundings on a summer evening.

5 Anyone who smokes below decks.

that'll do for starters

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by dcaukill on 25/09/2002 14:43 (server time).</FONT></P>

G

Oh I nearly forgot...

6 The incessant stream of inane VHF calls in the Solent particulalry to "Solent CoastGuard" and

7 The French transmissions from Joburg Traffic with a signal strength that will cut over any Solent Broadcast - drives me nuts.

G

My four legged crew member says only one answer to this
CATS

RupertW

Visit site
Anchoring too close

Another vote for boats who anchor up close to you when you are the boat in an empty anchorage.

It doesn't seem to matter how randomly I try to choose an anchoring spot - I can be sure that the next boat will come right up close.

Does anyone have a good way of putting people off? I'm thinking of recording one of my baby nieces having a temper tantrum then playing it loudly if a yacht appears with an anchor over its bow. I'm just afraid that a boat full of kids would then show up and anchor near me for company. My lack of a visible child might then seem a tad peculiar.

S

Skyva_2

Must have two:

Other boats who don't put shore lines out when rafted up.

(Really difficult to identify) - the boat with a heater exhaust in the topsides ideally located to melt my fender! Only just spotted it in time.

Keith

Rabbie

Visit site
I fervently share most of what has been listed here, as good manners seem to be a thing no longer taught. One thing I dislike is when you are moored, or even moving, when overtaking boats crew cannot resist 'rubbernecking' and staring through your hatch. I fail to see what the attraction can be, unless its the pink jock-strap and red pom-pommed carpet slippers that I prefer when afloat.

Joe_Cole

Visit site
Re: Anchoring too close

It must be your warm personality that attracts other people.

I don't have the problem. I find that I can put them off without even trying.

Regards

Joe

jimi

Visit site
I always assumed these signs were distributed by the harbour master when he thought the raft full?

Jim