Perspex - source?

snowleopard

Visit site
I need a small (300 x 410) perspex panel - 6mm tinted. I've been quoted £65 which seems a bit OTT. Any suggestions? I can't find a local supplier so it's going to have to be mail order.

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
I need a small (300 x 410) perspex panel - 6mm tinted. I've been quoted £65 which seems a bit OTT. Any suggestions? I can't find a local supplier so it's going to have to be mail order.

I'm awaiting two sets of washboards from Trent Plastics, due to be delivered today. I haven't seen them yet, so don't know about quality, but the prices are just fine. Fifty quid for washboards for a Victoria 26, thirty for the Hunter 490. That's clear plastic, at my choice. Eagle wanted £250+ for the Victoria ones in tinted ...

snowleopard

Visit site
Thanks guys. Sorted, £8.40 inc delivery. I hadn't twigged that mmy size was within a whisker of A3 size so available off the shelf. Next question - can I bevel it with a router or will it just melt into a blob?

BelleSerene

Visit site
Crazy price, SnowLeopard. Search Ebay for perspex sheet: you'll find it in various thicknesses and various tints. 'Buy it now' not action. I bought some recently from an Ebay vendor called Trent Plastics, together with some perspex rods.

The stuff is surprisingly workable. I haven't routed it, but considering how well it cut with a jigsaw, I would certainly try that. Good luck.

snowleopard

Visit site
Thanks guys. The piece arrived this morning. I'll try running it through the planer to start with. Not too bothered about polishing but I'd like to put a bevel on them to prevent sharp edges.

A much more serious problem is coming up. I have a crack in one of the main cabin windows, something like 1000 x 500 in 12mm bronze tinted acrylic. I don't think I'll find that on eBay!