Perkins M30 fuel injector pump

38mess

Visit site
I have a leak from this. I have been told to take the injection pump out and replace the rubber seals on each of the outlets.
I can't find anything online on how to do this, has anyone carried out repairs on this?
I would appreciate any pointers.
Thanks

Beneteau381

Visit site
I have a leak from this. I have been told to take the injection pump out and replace the rubber seals on each of the outlets.
I can't find anything online on how to do this, has anyone carried out repairs on this?
I would appreciate any pointers.
Thanks
Usually the O rings go on the control lever shafts. Someone will be along shortly to detail exactly how to do it.

black mercury

Visit site
You don't need to remove the injection pump. Take off the pipes going to the injectors and remove them out of the way, do not loosen them at the injection pump and bend them out of the way, I hate when people do this. There is a locking tab secured by a screw around the delivery valve to prevent it from coming loose. Remove this. Then unscrew the delivery valve. Be careful when lifting it clear as there is a spring under compression. Lift the valve clear very carefully taking note of the spring and washer. The valve seat usually stays behind but be careful you don't loose anything. You can now remove the rubber seal and replace it. I would do all three, as once one is gone the other two won't be far behind.
Before you start you need to meticulously clean all around the injection pump.

38mess

Visit site
You don't need to remove the injection pump. Take off the pipes going to the injectors and remove them out of the way, do not loosen them at the injection pump and bend them out of the way, I hate when people do this. There is a locking tab secured by a screw around the delivery valve to prevent it from coming loose. Remove this. Then unscrew the delivery valve. Be careful when lifting it clear as there is a spring under compression. Lift the valve clear very carefully taking note of the spring and washer. The valve seat usually stays behind but be careful you don't loose anything. You can now remove the rubber seal and replace it. I would do all three, as once one is gone the other two won't be far behind.
Before you start you need to meticulously clean all around the injection pump.
Is there any chance of this spring and washer falling into the engine when I remove the delivery valve? How would I prevent this from happening please?

black mercury

Visit site
If you aren't careful, yes. A small magnet would be useful. If you lift the delivery valve up off the pump you will see the spring, it can be held with your finger nail. Put a rag around the pump incase anything wants to escape. The key is to unscrew the valve slowly and lift it clear carefully. It is straightforward.