Perfect weekend finale

lisilou

Visit site
It really couldn't have been any more perfect. We'd been invited by friends for a spot of lunch at The Hut in Colwell Bay and boy...what a perfect spot! It was so nice to be out on someone elses boat for a change (and a lovely boat too...a Princess V52, simply stunning in every way imo) and not have to think about anything other than remembering to bring our own LJs!

Chris and me just enjoying the ride:
View attachment 44265

Pootled over to the bay at around midday for a pre-booked table for 7 at 13.30. I say 'pootled', it was a steady 32 knts which, in that boat didn't feel anything like that and was as smooth as silk. Gently crawled into the bay to anchor up, got her set in very quickly to good holding ground and in no time, one of the restaurants ribs came out to take us ashore.

No sign of drifting whatsoever:
View attachment 44264

We settled in with a few pre lunch drinks just chilling and taking in the view. It really was quite timeless; kids swimming and messing about in the water and playing on the beach before drying off for lunch in one of the leased or rented beach huts. So reminiscent of my own childhood.

We had a good laugh with some great company..as always. Thankyou all, you know who you are :).

View attachment 44266 View attachment 44267 View attachment 44268 View attachment 44269

We eventually upped and left around 4pm to go find a spot to play in the jet rib. Great fun and I want one!! Planned to do a spot of water skiing but it was just a bit too choppy for that but no matter. Anyway, play time over and so the time came for us to potter back to Swanwick around 6pm.

All in all, an absolutely perfect day which, when the weather plays ball as it has been for a while now, makes such a huge difference and frankly, you just never want it to end.
If you get a chance to visit Colwell Bay, The Hut is a must. Great food, great service, great spot but be sure to book in advance. If you visit on a rib, you can pick up one of their buoys (by prior arrangement or they will guide you to an appropriate spot I believe) or if by larger boat, you'll need to drop anchor and one of their rib guys will come and transfer you to shore.
Really worth a visit.

L
:)

jfm

Visit site
That looks a grand day out. Thanks for the pictures. (Embarrassed/annoyed with myself that I've never actually been there despite it being on my doorstep for many years!)

oGaryo

Visit site
NOOOOOOOOOOOO Lisa, what have you done !! :) That was my fav little haunt as everyone sails or powers past it to go to the overcrowded bays closer to the Needles. It'll be mayhem next time we're there thanks to your post

lisilou

Visit site
Oh trust me Gazza...I thought long and hard before posting. I poised to type then pulled away; poised, pulled away and so it went on for at least an hour. Then I previewed and previewed some more whilst considering the consequences of my actions but....the unselfish part in me (and believe me...that's a VERY tiny part!!!) got the better of me and I just had to share :D. But let's face it, the only forumite who could even remotely spoil this little gem is....STEVE!!! He is not allowed to venture anywhere near with his resident rain cloud!! ;)
L
:)