Patio Magic

chasroberts

Visit site
I know it sounds daft but if you let us know what you want it for it might be easier to help. If it's for cleaning patios thenI think the active ingredient in brick cleaner is Hydrochloric Acid which you can buy cheapply in any bricolage. It will need dilutinhg before use and please let someone else confirm this before going ahead. If you have soome other use for this product as is often the case on here let us know what and I'm sure someone will be able to suggest a French alternative.

Chas

sailorman

Visit site
I know it sounds daft but if you let us know what you want it for it might be easier to help. If it's for cleaning patios then I think the active ingredient in brick cleaner is Hydrochloric Acid which you can buy cheaply in any bricolage. It will need diluting before use and please let someone else confirm this before going ahead. If you have some other use for this product as is often the case on here let us know what and I'm sure someone will be able to suggest a French alternative.

Chas
Hydrochloric acid is for cleaning / removing alkaline substances ( motar snots / lime scale ) not mould or mildew .
Patio magic & Brintons MMC (Mould & mildew cleaner) does just that it kills mould & mildew on fabrics,timber, patio`s & grp

youen

Visit site
I want to use the equivalent of Patio Magic to clean the mould on teak deck and sprayhood.I need something which doesnt damage the alloy frame or gelcoat.Thanks

pvb

Visit site
I want to use the equivalent of Patio Magic to clean the mould on teak deck and sprayhood.I need something which doesnt damage the alloy frame or gelcoat.Thanks

Look on labels for benzalkonium chloride (perhaps chlorure de benzalkonium). Or buy Boracol, a timber preservative which is better for the job as it also contains a fungicide. Boracol is recommended by Hallberg Rassy for use on teak decks; I used it for years on my HR's deck and sprayhood.

dunedin

Visit site
Youen - did you find any Patio Magic equivalent available at main DIY stores (as opposed to mail order) ? If so would be interested to know where & what

Needed for teak deck cleaning, and suspect airlines wont be keen on putting in hold baggage ;-)

youen

Visit site
I found a product made by Bayer which contains also benzalkonium ,I have not tried it for the moment,I shall check the dilution to get it similar to Patio,if you want tomorrow I can find the exact name of the product,I bought it an a garden center (le magasin vert)

Vara

Visit site
To set you on the right path...did you see what I did there?.. If on the container it has a corrosive symbol it's the wrong stuff. It should have a dangerous to the environment symbol, a shrivelled tree and dead fish. It is so try and keep it out of the water.

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
Benzalkonium chloride, aka Patio Magic, is reportedly fantastic at keeping black water pipes and tanks clear of calcium deposits. Unfortunately we haven't found it in Greece to be able to try it out.

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Look on labels for benzalkonium chloride (perhaps chlorure de benzalkonium). Or buy Boracol, a timber preservative which is better for the job as it also contains a fungicide. Boracol is recommended by Hallberg Rassy for use on teak decks; I used it for years on my HR's deck and sprayhood.

http://acslimited.co.uk/teak-deck-maintenance-boracol/
Based in Yeovil Somerset.