Parachutists

Santana379

Visit site
Did anyone else see the parachutists dropped into the sea yesterday (Monday 4th August)?

It was mid-afternoon, and probably a mile or so out to sea between the Deben and the Alde. There was the briefest conversation advising the Coastguard on the VHF, and then we saw probably eight parachutes coming down. A helicopter was buzzing around at altitude, but I have no idea how they were recovered.

An ex army crew member on Santana thought it was probably Special Forces training. I suggested it might be an invasion, but he said they probably wouldn't call on the VHF first.

The conditions weren't particularly benign, and we saw 24kts of apparent wind when we turned in to cross the Deben Bar.

FullCircle

Visit site
Perhaps they were Gordon Brown's personal elite bodyguards, trained at New Labour secret bunker.
They heard they might be needed, but their orders were to Wait in the Sea?
No, you twat, Wait and see!!!

shmoo

Visit site
There are two aluminum boats in SYH that they use to retrieve them. Boat are from USAF Special Tactics unit. Now you know that I will have to kill kill you all.

<edit> they have this flash on side, so not too secret...
feetandflash.jpg
</edit>

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There are two aluminum boats in SYH that they use to retrieve them. Boat are from USAF Special Tactics unit. Now you know that I will have to kill kill you all.

<edit> they have this flash on side, so not too secret...
feetandflash.jpg
</edit>

[/ QUOTE ]

17 ft aluminium boats with a lobster pot lifter and 2 * 250 hp outboards. Thats some lobster boat! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bastonjock

Visit site
they train on the rigs a lot,we have found some of their equipment under the water, one of our guys was ex SAS just looked at a metal rope and said"its a jacobs assault ladder"

so i guess they were special forces