Pantograph Wipers?

Dougal

Visit site
Can anyone tell me anything about these? I currently have an electric, but thoroughly useless wiper on one wheelhouse window. Would I need to drill a second hole to accommodate it? Will it sweep the window from edge to edge? Will I need to buy a special motor, or can I use the one I have?
Ta!

neale

Visit site
I upgraded the wiper on my Bayliner. Just need to drill a small screw hole to hole the bracket that the second arm is attached to. Used the original motor so apart from this one little hole there was no other work to do..

David2452

Visit site
Can anyone tell me anything about these? I currently have an electric, but thoroughly useless wiper on one wheelhouse window. Would I need to drill a second hole to accommodate it? Will it sweep the window from edge to edge? Will I need to buy a special motor, or can I use the one I have?
Ta!
All depends, some pantographs have twin shaft motors which would require a second hole but others like the ones Neil fitted have one driven and one idler and are very simple to fit. Fitting a pantograph often allows the use of longer blades so make sure the motor is capable of swinging them, also that the throw is of the correct degree sweep, though many quality motors have adjustable throw so depending on what you buy that may not be an issue.

James L

Visit site
I changed my wiper to a pantograph, motor was busted so bought a new vetus one.
You need to measure up first to ensure the combination of motor, arm and blade will fit. The motor and arm I got have multiple adjustments, there's a bit of fiddling but nothing too difficult. You have to take off the cover of the motor and do some adjustments.
I had to drill a second hole for another shaft. Really depends on how much space you have to work, my biggest problem was actually getting the wiper arms onto the shaft as I have an overhang from the flybridge covering where the wipers go through and had very little space to work it.

If your wiper has an adjustable sweep I think you will just need this.
http://www.vetus-shop.com/vetus-black-parallel-wiper-arm-386-to-471mm-p-393.html

I comes with an adapter, guess you just need to find out the make of your wiper and get instructions on how to adjust the sweep.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I fitted a Bus pantograph wiper to the centre window of my wheel house. I adjusted the sweep angle to move completely from one side to the other.

It also washer jets along the blade.

WEB0428_zpsccf933b6.jpg

Pic taken during fitting out.

salar

harley25refit.blogspot.co.uk
Vetus for me. The on-line catalogue has all the information you need to calculate the right motor, arm and blade. You can change the innards to have top or bottom motor, left or right park, and sweep angle adjustment. You can buy on-line too.

Windscreenwipersmall.jpg