Our Ellen

SloopJohnB

Visit site
Britain's Ellen MacArthur has set off in her bid to shatter the round-the-world sailing record.
Her maxi-catamaran Kingfisher2 crossed the start line at Ushant, off north west France, at 0648 GMT on Thursday.
"There is real relief onboard," said MacArthur, who had to delay her start because of severe weather and problems with her boat.
"It hasn't been the most ideal way to start, but we are really happy to be able to get on with the task of challenging the Jules Verne record.
"The boat and crew are at 100%, and we are ready to take this big challenge on.
"Conditions during the night have been quite rough, we've seen 48-knot gusts on the instruments, and the sea is quite violent, particularly when we crossed the start line."
During the night, Kingfisher2 sailed 120 miles through gale force winds and big seas to get to the start.
The boat had spent more than 24 hours having repairs to its mast after it was forced to abort its first start.
In a show of rare sportsmanship, MacArthur was lent replacement equipment by rival Tracy Edwards.

from the BBC

jimi

Visit site
I thought her latest haistyle is crap, gone are the elfinlike baby good looks to be replaced by something more butchesque! She'll have to grow her hair again before I'll let her be seen with me!

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: thats a point

Jimi????????????
the new arbiter of style on these boards?????

definition
Urdu
What scousers get at the hairdressers

Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

tcm

Visit site
yes indeed. far too few sportspeople take the issue seriously. They want the fame- but then their scruffy style lets them down. Eddie the Eagle primarily know n for stupid sunglasses, but at least he could throw a smile. Ellen needssome work in this regard. Oh yes, they'll say they don't care. That's not the point: I care matey. You'll be on telly next and putting me off my tea. So smarten up wil you and lose a bit of weight. Ellen best colour is purple, and she shoud l relax her mouth/jaw so did not look so sodding miserable.

aod

Visit site
Hell hath no fury to match the YBW Ninjas

Gosh.............!

This is a bit strong!

The poor girl can't be held responsible for her jaw line and her hairstyle is very practical for the time she will be away. If indeed she has, I would think it wise to have put on some weight because she's sure to lose it.

I am certain she will do really well and I hope indeed that she does. What I also thought to be a nice touch was the loan of equipment by Tracy Edwards.

Come on now !!!!
I really do support constructive and intelligent criticism but all this purile knocking because she refused you an autograph is a bit much.

Give the girl a break.

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
nah
have you read her book
she is always after money for her next project
she'd break his bank account

plus if he ignored her calls for seven hours then turned up home late she would probably belay him with a winch handle

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
are you brave or stupid
pauline is not sad
and she does not have a speed boat
it is long and narrow and pootles up and down the shropshire union
she has a sideline in painting roses on buckets and selling lucky heather

tadpole

Visit site
Defensive aren't you. Last Riva I saw did 40 knots - and painting narrowboat buckets is hardly synonymous with spurious pictures of girls with big tits, is it. Sounds like a girl trying to be a lad. Feeling threatened?

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Feel threatened? me

i regularly am threatened by Miss B.

it is all just a front i am sure
hers is infact a connverted Lada Riva held together by 40 gypsy knots.
she is threatening to come to visit me in june. she is setting off next weekend.

Cornishman

Visit site
I have this week been teaching, amongst other things, the art of Voyage Planning to potential Officers of the Watch for superyachts and and inshore tugs. The first paragraph of the syllabus begins with something like "Check stability and condition of the vessel". Seems like our Ellen didn't do this before leaving France! Can you believe it?