Other hobbies

Col

Visit site
Said the man who's jut traded a BSA for a new Yammie /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

ccscott49

Visit site
Didn't trade it, still own it, just in store in UK, got fed up with it dropping oil on my teak decks! But still love classic bikes, still have a thruxton velocette aswell and I'm thinking of getting rid of the yam, for a triumph adventurer, same frame etc as the BSA, but with an oiltight all alloy 500 unit twin. (they weren't all alloy originally)

G

It's a hooligan power-to-weight thing...a well-sorted supermoto is very quick and a whole lot of fun. Besides, last time I rode off-road I totalled the bike at the top of a Pyrenee and smashed myself to pieces (three broken ribs, collapsed lung, shattered collar bone). It took over four hours to get me off the mountain in the back of a 4x4, so I've given up off-roading. An XR650 with decent tyres and brakes is just what I need for whanging round town.

burgundyben

Visit site
Ducati 750SS
4 Lambrettas, model A, LD 150, Li 150, GP 200
Land rover.
Model Car
drinking
chasing totty

For sale, 1970 Triumph Spitfire-sold, 1947 Lambretta, 1922 Great grandmother, PM for details.

BarryH

Visit site
"Hooligan power to wieght thing", Um sounds interesting, but surely the gearing will be a bit light, dunno, easy the rectify. Seen some of these nutters whaming round town with a bit of a death wish. Its ok but try keeping the front wheel in contact with the tarmac. My XR is only a little 400 and pops in most gears bar top. A 650 tricked up is gonna be,...er a handful. I ahd a chance of doing the off road spain thing, but a few horror stories put me off. Must say you don't sound like the "nice" clean cut chap that used to work for a certain mag that I used to buy a few years ago! Its probably the Hooligan thing!!