Orca Bay Storm Boots

Andibs

Visit site
Thinking of treating myself to a pair of these in the January sales. I can't justify buying some for double the price plus there seems to be a lot of negative comments about quality lately regarding some of the big name brands.

Anybody any experience of these boots.

Cheers
Andy

blush2

Visit site
I've had a pair of these for around ten years. Warm and comfortable, mine have dark soles but don't mark the deck. The soles have remained flexible.

There is also plenty of room for tucking in thick socks and trousers.

They are available in smaller sizes which is rare when you only need a 37.

ctva

Visit site
I've had them for a few years and they are comfy, warm and good quality for the price. When you consider the basic rubber boots are £50-£70 for a decent pair and last a season or two, these are great value. Dubs are over priced in my opinion and not as nice.

It takes a wee bit of time for the leather to loosen up but the fit is good (I have wide feet, size 42).

Will replace with same when time comes.

Visit site
Found the soles become hard over 3yrs even though the boots were washed and kept well. Once the soles become harder they become slippery. The old gristle soles were best .

Refueler

Visit site
Leaving aside boat decks ... the subject of 'grip' of shoes / boots is a common consideration here in Baltics ... wet or ice ... we live with 'winters' ...

ALL composites fail ... End of story. The only true 'grip' is from high % or total natural rubber ... fact.

Warmth ? The real warm clothes are not synthetics - but based on animal leather / fur ... millennia evolving such has not been matched in any way by synthetics ...

I fully realise this is against the 'dogma of today' ... but its fact ...

Guys here sit on frozen rivers for hours ... boots made of natural rubber soles ... leather and fur lined .... when they move to drill another hole to fish - those rubber soles afford them steady footing.

I understand it does not answer OP's post ... but felt a post was called for ....

KREW2

Visit site
Bought a pair about 4/5 years ago, still in good condition, however they have not had much use over the last 2 years since I've giving up sailing.