Opinions on new lifejacket: Crewsaver Ergofit or Spinlock

mitchc

Visit site
Petty much as per the thread title.
In the market for a new LJ for me and SWMBO. Narrowed it down to the Ergofit or Spinlock, but which is best?
Also what's the difference (apart from £60) between the ErgoFit 190N Offshore & Coastal?
http://www.crewsaver.co.uk/Crewsaver/Crewsaver_Leisure_Products/index.html?catid=109

LJ will be used for coastal/chanel crossings in "favourable" conditions on flybridge cruiser or fast open RIB.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

gjgm

Visit site
Petty much as per the thread title.
In the market for a new LJ for me and SWMBO. Narrowed it down to the Ergofit or Spinlock, but which is best?
Also what's the difference (apart from £60) between the ErgoFit 190N Offshore & Coastal?
http://www.crewsaver.co.uk/Crewsaver/Crewsaver_Leisure_Products/index.html?catid=109

LJ will be used for coastal/chanel crossings in "favourable" conditions on flybridge cruiser or fast open RIB.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Seems current wisdom is you need crotch straps and a spray hood if you have any hope of staying alive in any sort of seas at all. By then you may as well add a strobe light.
That apart, seems to come down to personal comfort.
I got these and you certainly feel alot more secure. Only negative is that the stainless steel buckle is pretty tight to get closed, but maybe that is a good thing !
http://www.adecmarine.co.uk/product_details.asp?d=2&c=130&p={1E71BAA8-259A-4AC2-BCCD-BCC40FBC282D}

Pinnacle

Visit site
Mitch

We recently purchased 150N Crewfit jackets complete with Hammar, light, double crotch straps and sprayhood. Comfortable enough to wear. Do you really need more that that given your intended use?

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
Try them on - both work equally well as lifejeckets as far as I know - I think the Ergofit sprayhood is in the hood now. I found the Kru Sprt Pro to be very confortable but didn't like the Deckvest at all because of the hard roll around your neck. Others think exactly the opposite and I know of a teenager who insists on wearing a Deckvest because "it looks really cool" even though he finds it uncomfortable.

One point on Ocean Safety's Kru - they do a version with a built-in Kannad AIS SART. It costs around the same as the LJ and SART separately but it deploys automatically on triggering and you can't forget to move it between pockets, etc.

prv

Visit site
All down to what you feel comfortable in. I tried out several different jackets at Force 4, and found the Kru Sport Pro comfortable and the Spinlock rather uncomfortable. But I'm sure other people will have the opposite opinion. You have to try them on and see which you prefer.

Pete