OpenCPN and Navionics Charts

haydude

Visit site
I have (unfortunately) all Raymarine gear, and hence Navionics charts, Navionics reader and Raythech RNS software.

I am very dissatisfied with Raytech and I would like to give OpenCPN a go.

Can I use my Navionics charts (with Navionics reader)? If not what vector charts are available for OpenCPN? Is there a repository where to download Vector and Raster charts for it?

Thank you/

Visit site
I don't think OpenCPN will read the navionics charts but TIKI navionics gold will read them . Its about 130 euro but seems quite a good program

seapro

Visit site
seaPro Lite Navionics will read them. Can use them simultaneously with the chart plotter too and plug in AIS, GPS, NAvtex etc. £112 if you already the Navionics card reader, £153 with a reader. (includes one off Navionics licence required to use the charts with seaPro).

Robin

Visit site
Unless your Navionics stuff is more up to date than Jan 2010 then there are some people that might suggest googling CM93/2 charts (full worldwide set) downloading them via a torrent downloader program like BitTorrent and running them free on OpenCPN. Then you can still run the Navionics stuff on your Raymarine gear. These are C-Map vector charts, superseded now by version CM93/3 but which is encrypted and not available via the back door, yet. Of course I'm not advocating using pirated stuff but there is some argument that as it is superseded and out of date it has no copyright now, but then that is a matter for your conscience alone.:)