On/off switch on B20

Moonston

Visit site
I have a B20 panel on my sun Odyssey 379 which works with a 3ym30.
Just lately I have found it difficult to get the on/off switch to turn off. It turns on fine and the start button works fine , the stop button works fine but the bottom on/off takes a few presses to actual turn off and stop the alarm
I think the solution might be that I have to replace the bank of 4 vertical switches. But at about £280 it is a lot.
Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution to it?
I suppose once the stop button has actually stopped the engine I could turn the engine battery bank switch off to stop the alarm if absolutely necessary as a stop gap emergency measure until I find the correct solution?

Attachments

• IMG_20240810_201902784_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240810_201902784_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240810_201902784_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240810_201902784_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Moonston

Visit site
Thanks for the quick response to my problem. The switches are a unit with a wiring harness plug in connector so not a separate connection. As I say it turns on ok just turning the on/off switch (bottom switch) off is the problem.

pmagowan

sites.google.com
Well something must be making a poor connection of some kind if not consistent. Check the harness for corrosion and I would take the panel off and look to get at the gubbins. Probably some sort of circuit board switch from the looks of things and relatively simple components so could probably repair or replace with a very cheap replacement rather than the ludicrously priced units.

Moonston

Visit site
Well something must be making a poor connection of some kind if not consistent. Check the harness for corrosion and I would take the panel off and look to get at the gubbins. Probably some sort of circuit board switch from the looks of things and relatively simple components so could probably repair or replace with a very cheap replacement rather than the ludicrously priced units.
I'll take the panel off later this week and check the connection. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the advice. I hope it is just a simple thing. Strange though Works when putting on but not so easy turning off.