OK! No one else, so I will

byron

RIP
Visit site
I was waiting for someone else to mention the UTMYC's sail past on Sunday. As no one else has, I will.
Over 40 boats took part and the weather was kind to us. Afterwards there was a feed your face from the buffet which I had to scrabble a few scraps as other Forumites like Pheran and MikeT had already got there and were shouldering aside others.
All in all a pleasant day out.

Brayman

Visit site
As far as I am aware, you are the only three forumites in Upper Thames.
We were at Pangbourne ans saw a couple on their way there on Saturday and back on Sunday - Merlin and Rimbar.

apollo

Visit site
I was there too - snapping pics of you helming in this one...
009.jpg

and the rest
DCP_1080.jpg

My eldest taking tea with a charming young lady - thats my boy!!
DCP_1074.jpg

and some more for luck....
021.jpg

028.jpg

Great day!

No Regrets

Visit site
Er, hello?

We're moored at Caversham (T&K Marina) which makes us 'Upper Thames' doesn't it?

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Er, hello?

We're moored at Caversham (T&K Marina) which makes us 'Upper Thames' doesn't it?

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! Indeed it does, but you need join the UTMYC at Sonning. Many T&K berth holders are members. Once a year we have a bath and put clean clothes on and saunter up and down the Reach.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Blimey! There I am all spruced up and driving someone's boat and you can't see me proper /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Beryl

Visit site
Disgusting, In four out of five of the above photos dirty diesel smoke can be seen. Clean up your act guys. You won't see any smoke from my beautifully maintained diesel engines while I cruise the upper Thames. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gavi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oooooohhhh look at all them posh blue blazers and white trewsers!

Pity about the messy bits of strings.....wot is it they say....if you cant tie knots, tie lots ! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that woz wot you and mrs b1 and the dog wore all the time?

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Disgusting, In four out of five of the above photos dirty diesel smoke can be seen. Clean up your act guys. You won't see any smoke from my beautifully maintained diesel engines while I cruise the upper Thames. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She has solved the problem of smokey HT6354's and her next success will be Perpetual Motion.

apollo

Visit site
There is a method in our madness, if we make enough smoke, we wont see you at all!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

apollo

Visit site
No, anything with Perkins engine(s) in it will do, even some sardine cans have those although the Pipe smoke hides it sometimes!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris_d

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
even some sardine cans have those although the Pipe smoke hides it sometimes!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not going to let that scurrallous remark go are you Ian, I'd go and rip his net curtains down /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris_d

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Net curtains? I think they are tea towels

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, a top PBO money saving tip /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

miket

Visit site
You have to be forceful to combat all the wrinklies who have starved all week in anticipation of a free meal!!
Good practice for Harrod's sale.