Odd Weather Event

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
bloody brilliant

I didn't want to have an unrealistic, start-first-pull, sort of film :D

Oh, BTW in answer to Dylan's question which I overlooked. Built 1783.
Mr William Wilberforce will have taken the boat out from there each day for his morning row whilst he spent the summers there until 1788

One of the things I love about this country is that you are walking in the footsteps of heros

I seem to keep on bumping in to Nelson at the moment - but I guess he went everywhere in Norfolk.

I loved New Zealand....but it felt so weird... rootless almost.... even the Mauri history was quite short

Dylan

C

Chrusty 1

One of the things I love about this country is that you are walking in the footsteps of heros

I seem to keep on bumping in to Nelson at the moment - but I guess he went everywhere in Norfolk.

I loved New Zealand....but it felt so weird... rootless almost.... even the Mauri history was quite short

Dylan

I absolutely agree, though it's not just heros, it's all who have gone before as much as anything for me, I may be accused of being a bit soppy, but even an old wooden boat will set me thinking about the men who built her, who's hands formed and fashioned her timbers, and those who sailed in her, who were they, where has she been, what has she seen?

We are lucky indeed that so much of our past has been so successfully preserved and recorded, so that future generations can appreciate it and learn from it.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk

Dylan

I agree. And even some places that COULD have a long history, simply ignore it - for example, Hong Kong. No doubt Hong Kong has been occupied for millennia, but it is hard to find anything even 100 years old. On the other hand, until recently I lived in a village where there were very visible remains of a Roman canal, and the majority of rural churches can be traced back to the Normans at least; often with structural elements going back to then.

Trick question - what is the oldest State Capitol in the United States? The answer isn't obvious, and isn't on the East Coast!

And PS, both Lakey and I live close to Neolithic industrial sites - Grimes Graves Neolithic Flint mines for me, and the Langdale Axe Factory for Lakey!

Last edited: