Notices to Mariners - Week 10 - Part 2.

tillergirl

Visit site
Local Notices

1. RIVER THAMES - WOOLWICH REACH - ENVIRONMENT AGENCY THAMES BARRIER CLOSURES

The Thames Flood Barrier will be closed once a month for test purposes, in accordance with a programme issued for a period of six months, commencing 08 May 2024. Listed below are the times between which the Thames Barrier will be closed to navigation for test purposes. During these periods’ navigation in the Thames Barrier Control Zone, between Margaretness and Blackwall Point, will be restricted and any movements in this area will require permission from London VTS.
PROGRAMME OF CLOSURES:
May - 08/05/2024 - 0755 - 1025
June - 10/06/2024 - 0940 - 1210
July - 09/07/2024 - 0935 - 1205
August - 08/08/2024 - 0950 - 1220
September - 09/09/2024 - 1050 - 1320
October - 06/10/2024 - 0930 - 1930
All times are approximate
The closures will be confirmed and promulgated by London VTS from 24 hours in advance of the operation by VHF radio on routine river broadcasts. From the start of each closing procedure until completion of the opening procedure vessels will be prohibited from transiting the Thames Barrier. Most closures are for approximately 2½ hours over the respective low waters. No vessel is to pass Margaretness inward bound or Blackwall Point outward bound once a Thames Barrier closure has commenced unless authorised by London VTS.
2. RIVER THAMES - LOWER POOL - BOMBAY WHARF EXCLUSION ZONE - With immediate effect a 30 METRE EXCLUSION ZONE has been established adjacent to Bombay Wharf in the Lower Pool. A large portion of the crane structure has become unstable and poses a significant risk to any vessels navigating below. The circular exclusion zone, as shown below, has a 30-metre diameter centred on the river wall immediately below the crane. All vessels are NOT to navigate within this zone. (see the chartlet in the above quoted webpage using the Local List). Further information will be broadcast by London VTS on VHF Channel 14.
3. River Medway - Saltpan Reach - London Thamesport Diving Operations and CP Installation Works Underneath the Quay. - a programme of work including diving operations is due to commence at London Thamesport Terminal. The work is the next phase of cathodic protection (CP) installation to the existing tubular piles supporting the London Thamesport quay deck. Work will commence on or around 29/02/2024 with an estimated completion date of 04/03/2024, all works will be carried out by a small workboat and/or a floating work platform which will be lifted in/out daily by quayside crane. The works team will liaise daily with the terminal supervisors who will advise them of expected vessel movements. The dive supervisor will monitor VHF channel 74 at all times and notify Medway VTS when divers enter and exit the water, call-sign for the divers is “Ocean Kinetics Divers”. All vessels arriving/departing London Thamesport should confirm the status of diving ops prior to berthing/unberthing. All passing ships and leisure craft should navigate with caution and reduce their wash appropriately. Admiralty Chart No. 1834 refers. Further information may be obtained from Medway VTS on VHF Channel 74, call sign “Medway VTS” or telephone 0151 949 6148 or 0151 949 6650. (Recorded Lines)
4. Sheerness Docks – No.4 Berth - Survey Operations - survey work is due to commence in the vicinity of Sheerness No.4 berth. The UXO survey work is due to commence 26th February 2024 and will take approximately 2-3 days. Survey operations will be conducted by the vessel “Shoreline” who will maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 74 at all times. The survey work will be focussed around the approximate footprint represented in the chart extract below.
All vessels passing the Sheerness No.4 Berth are requested to navigate with caution reducing their speed and wash accordingly. Admiralty Chart 3683 Refers. Further information can be obtained from Medway VTS on VHF Channel 74 (Callsign “Medway VTS”) or telephone 0151 949 6148 or 0151 949 6650. (Recorded Lines).
5. River Medway – Saltpan Reach - Saltpan No.11 Mooring Buoy - Out of Commission. - Saltpan No.11 mooring buoy which is now semi-submerged, has been deemed unsafe to use and thus taken out of commission. The buoy is still afloat but less conspicuous to river users due to it’s position in the water. The buoy remains in it’s charted position but is now unoccupied, all river users are reminded to exercise caution when navigating in this area until the buoy is removed/recovered. Admiralty Chart 1834 Refers Further information can be obtained from Medway VTS on VHF Channel 74 (Callsign “Medway VTS”) or telephone 0151 949 6148 or 0151 949 6650. (Recorded Lines).
6. ABP Ports - RNLI 200th Year Celebrations - Mariners are invited to join in celebrating 200 years of the RNLI operating and assisting mariners around the UK coast. Mariners are asked to sound a continuous long blast on the ships horn of approximately 30 seconds. This is to be done at 1200 on Monday 4th March.
7. Prohibition to Navigation - Notice to Mariners: 28th February – 19th August 2024 - Temporary installation of frame assembly at Colne Barrier Storm Surge Barrier - Colne Estuary, Essex - Bam Nuttall who are working on behalf of the Environment Agency are scheduled to lift our mitre floodgate of our storm surge barrier this year and to do so, we need to assemble our frame structure at the Colne Barrier. Installation of the frame will be completed on the Southern side of the barrier on the 11th of March and shall remain in place until Summer 2024. The frame would only slightly protrude into the watercourse past the floodgate meaning this would be the item that needs to be considered and the risk of this can be managed by adding sufficient lighting and beacons to the frame to aid river users in avoiding the structure while navigating through the flood barrier.
Location of frame assembly is 51° 51' 7.63" N 0° 57' 45.78" E, TM0414321208 (Images)
8. London Array Offshore Wind Farm - (Outer Thames Estuary) - Oil Exchange project - All mariners are advised that the MMS Supreme will be on site approximately from the 01/03/2024 for the summer period. They will be carrying out oil exchanges to wind turbine generators at various locations within the London Array windfarm. Whilst the MMS Supreme is in operations within the windfarm a 500m exclusion zone will be placed around the vessel. If access is required to this zone for non-project vessel traffic, authorisation must be requested from the vessel master.
That's it.
😵

tillergirl

Visit site
Ah. I did hope it was a joke.......... because I didn't actually finish! 😡 I couldn't get the Dover Port website to work on Monday evening. And there was a notice which finsihes tomorrow - all about fitting Anodes on the Eastern Harbour. Won't affect us. It seems I ran out of Interweb on Monday night. I thought it works all the time. 😇

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
Ah. I did hope it was a joke.......... because I didn't actually finish! 😡 I couldn't get the Dover Port website to work on Monday evening. And there was a notice which finsihes tomorrow - all about fitting Anodes on the Eastern Harbour. Won't affect us. It seems I ran out of Interweb on Monday night. I thought it works all the time. 😇
Of course it works all the time, it's just sometimes the given value of "work" might be different to what one is expecting ;)