North Wales, a weather paradise

BruceK

Visit site
We cant have the Med boys have it all their own way. Set off for a 10 day cruise into character forming Conwy straight into lively head seas and a weather front. Whoever said canvas was nasty obviously had it up because CJ who is accompanying us for the weekend didnt and when the heavens opened it washed the salt spray off them. Excuse vids theyre not edited

We are currently hunkered down on the hook sheltered against the predicted South Westerly F7 only it came from the East wind against tide. Tomorrow I get to tackle Bardsey sound. Oh joy of joys.

Seastoke

Visit site
We cant have the Med boys have it all their own way. Set off for a 10 day cruise into character forming Conwy straight into lively head seas and a weather front. Whoever said canvas was nasty obviously had it up because CJ who is accompanying us for the weekend didnt and when the heavens opened it washed the salt spray off them. Excuse vids theyre not edited

We are currently hunkered down on the hook sheltered against the predicted South Westerly F7 only it came from the East wind against tide. Tomorrow I get to tackle Bardsey sound. Oh joy of joys.

Could you please paint that wiper motor before posting again

mjkinch1

Visit site
Yes this week has not been the best weatherwise around Anglesey, particularly rough back holiday weekend. Hope it improves for you next week. This whole summer generally has been great boating weather, I guess it's just timing! Were you moored up on the pontoon at menai bridge Saturday for a short period?

pks1702

Visit site
Shhh when those Med boys see this they will be straight back offering over the odds for a mooring :eek:

Kawasaki

Visit site
Great videos Bruce
That weather is typical
All the time in North Wales so dont come here Folks
It's Full
Nowhere to moor or dock or have a nice time
So just keep away
OK?
:(:rolleyes:

BruceK

Visit site
I was wondering that. Bruce?

Superchargers. Ist vid. The chap who was accompanying me could only manage 18knts in those conditions. Unfortunately that sits right at the edge of my planing speed and the waves would start to knock me off causing a kick down.
2nd vid. Still in the channel and very lumpy doing 14 knts which is just off the supercharger rev range. However being lumpy the SCs were hunting. Neither ideal but both were only for a short duration across Conwy bay. 8 miles tops

BruceK

Visit site
Well I'm home. Cruise cut short by a police call to say we've been burgled and got back to find the house is trashed. Just superb :(

MrB

Visit site
Well I'm home. Cruise cut short by a police call to say we've been burgled and got back to find the house is trashed. Just superb :(

That absolutely sucks, sorry for your bad luck. When you find the scrotes, chuck them in the back of a Transit, drive them to Treorchy in the Rhondda Valley and let the van go over the cliff. It's allowed there. :mad-new::livid: