Norlin MK2 versus Sagitta 35 (S&S 34)

BarryWhite

Visit site
In terms of seaworthiness, safety/comfort, solidity/maintenance, performance - for cruising in the North Sea, Baltics, etc ?
Do you have experience with this boats?

Attachments

• Sagitta 35 vs Norlin 34.JPG
    Sagitta 35 vs Norlin 34.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 12

Judders

Visit site
I appreciate it's a while since this post so a reply may no longer be of any use, but I have (part) owned a Sagitta 35 for five years. Genuinely the best built boat I have ever come across. One of my co-owners is a retired boat builder of some standing and he agrees (and indeed will tell anyone who will listen). "Knocks a Swan into a cocked hat". I've sailed her in everything from )knots to 55 knots and whilst I have absolutely no desire to ever repeat the latter, she actually felt fairly safe. She is also the most stable boat of that type I have sailed downwind. If we do say so ourselves, we sail her pretty well but there is none of the death rolling associated with other designs of that era. It is quite the smallest 35'er out there and she is not an ergonomic boat. She needs lot of canvass in light airs if you are racing though for cruising I have used a 50 year old working jib quite happily in 8 knots of wind.

Really genuinely one of the best boats I have ever sailed and I have sailed a lot of the best.

I am afraid I know little of the Norlin 34.

BarryWhite

Visit site
I appreciate it's a while since this post so a reply may no longer be of any use, but I have (part) owned a Sagitta 35 for five years. Genuinely the best built boat I have ever come across. One of my co-owners is a retired boat builder of some standing and he agrees (and indeed will tell anyone who will listen). "Knocks a Swan into a cocked hat". I've sailed her in everything from )knots to 55 knots and whilst I have absolutely no desire to ever repeat the latter, she actually felt fairly safe. She is also the most stable boat of that type I have sailed downwind. If we do say so ourselves, we sail her pretty well but there is none of the death rolling associated with other designs of that era. It is quite the smallest 35'er out there and she is not an ergonomic boat. She needs lot of canvass in light airs if you are racing though for cruising I have used a 50 year old working jib quite happily in 8 knots of wind.

Really genuinely one of the best boats I have ever sailed and I have sailed a lot of the best.

I am afraid I know little of the Norlin 34.
Hello Judders ! Thank you for sharing your experience about the Sagitta 35. All the feedbacks I got looks pretty similar: very seaworthy, safe boat, and fast ! I'm looking forward to visit and try one !!! Thank you