No visa required?

Tranona

Visit site
There is no 'but'. It is the Government statement and includes what happens if there is no deal, is continuously updated and you can even sign up to have the latest sent to you.

Don't know why people are in such denial about this, it's not from some yacht club bar, it's direct from the source of where it's happening.

https://www.gov.uk/government/brexit

There is a mass of information there. But it doesn't sell gin and tonic......

But it is only their opinion of what might happen as nothing is agreed yet after any transition period.

As I said above there is nothing in the withdrawal agreement that changes the status quo and this will be the only legal agreement - if it ever gets that far. All the rest is just as, dare I say it, Comrade Jeremy said in parliament yesterday is "just a load of waffle".

So, while it is a good source to keep up to date it is not definitive as what gets finally agreed is on current showing outside even our government's control.

BTW I admire your confidence in "official" government statements, but fear you are in a tiny and shrinking minority.

capnsensible

Visit site
Sounds like you haven't bothered reading the information supplied. Here is a very small extract. Please tell me where a fully informed Government Department with access to the latest information has got it wrong.

Living in the EU after 29 March 2019
During the Implementation Period (30 March 2019 to 31 December 2020), free movement rights will continue to apply to you as a UK national. This means that you will be able to live in an EU country. If you are legally resident in the EU by the end of this period, you will be covered by the Withdrawal Agreement, and will be able to continue living in your EU country of residence, enjoying broadly the same rights to healthcare, benefits and pensions as at present.

Moving to another EU Member State after 29 March 2019
During the Implementation Period, as a UK national you will continue to be able to move to another EU country. If the EU country where you live requires you to apply for a residence status, you will have until at least June 2021 to make that application.

The rules that will apply for you if you’re not included in the Withdrawal Agreement, if you move to the UK or EU after 31 December 2020, will depend on the outcome of the negotiations. The Prime Minister has been clear that UK nationals will still want to work and study in EU countries – just as EU citizens will want to do the same here, helping to shape and drive growth, innovation and enterprise.

Businesses across the EU and the UK must be able to attract and employ the people they need and we are open to discussing how to facilitate these valuable links. We will set out initial proposals for our future immigration arrangements with the EU in due course.

capnsensible

Visit site
There is masses more for those that are interested about all aspects of Brexit and what the implications are. But it does mean having to actually accept that the publishers know what they doing. Which, on balance, is correct.....

Tranona

Visit site
Sounds like you haven't bothered reading the information supplied. Here is a very small extract. Please tell me where a fully informed Government Department with access to the latest information has got it wrong.

Living in the EU after 29 March 2019
During the Implementation Period (30 March 2019 to 31 December 2020), free movement rights will continue to apply to you as a UK national. This means that you will be able to live in an EU country. If you are legally resident in the EU by the end of this period, you will be covered by the Withdrawal Agreement, and will be able to continue living in your EU country of residence, enjoying broadly the same rights to healthcare, benefits and pensions as at present.

Moving to another EU Member State after 29 March 2019
During the Implementation Period, as a UK national you will continue to be able to move to another EU country. If the EU country where you live requires you to apply for a residence status, you will have until at least June 2021 to make that application.

The rules that will apply for you if you’re not included in the Withdrawal Agreement, if you move to the UK or EU after 31 December 2020, will depend on the outcome of the negotiations. The Prime Minister has been clear that UK nationals will still want to work and study in EU countries – just as EU citizens will want to do the same here, helping to shape and drive growth, innovation and enterprise.

Businesses across the EU and the UK must be able to attract and employ the people they need and we are open to discussing how to facilitate these valuable links. We will set out initial proposals for our future immigration arrangements with the EU in due course.

Well - that is precisely what I said. During the transition period nothing changes in respect of freedom of movement.

It is what happens after that which is unknown apart from a "promise" that visas will not be required for visitors, either on business or pleasure.

So that publication does not help with the unknown and all people are doing here is speculating about the outcome of negotiations.

So the last two paras fall into Jeremy's waffle category and could have been said the day after the referendum except the reference to Mrs May's preferences - and we know what has happened to most of her others.

capnsensible

Visit site
As I said, it's a small extract from the large amount of information available. .......

But people won't know that if they can't be bothered to read it.

macd

Visit site

capnsensible

Visit site
It really doesn't matter if a few people on an obscure forum wish to use sneer tactics to try and discredit facts.

For others, however, especially those that live outside of the U.K. there is a lot of useful and practical information. It is for them I post the links.

For those that do feel themselves above the authorship of the links, please tell us all where the misinformation is so that we may all be better informed.

Last edited:

Tranona

Visit site
As I said, it's a small extract from the large amount of information available. .......

But people won't know that if they can't be bothered to read it.

What makes you think I (and others) have not read it. There is nothing new and it does not deal with the questions many posters here are concerned about. This is not surprising as there have been no negotiations on things like free movement of boats, treatment of VAT payments, extended stays, itinerant liveaboards etc. In other words all the things that may or may not change the way of life for many of those who contribute to this forum.

Firmly UK bound people like myself (now) will see little if any change and will still be able to visit EU countries for short periods with or without our boats. Maybe a little more formality and a piece of paper to get in advance, but no real change. Most scare stories like the recent one regarding dogs will likely also disappear as quickly as they came.

The big fight will always be, as we have seen, over the EUs desire to keep control over the UK trading activities and internal business policy as they are scared of the competition showing how anti competitive and protectionist the single market is. "Level Playing Field" is the virtuous term used for EU control over our economy.

capnsensible

Visit site
Well it's good to know that a highly resourced department at the front of breaking information, collating it and putting it in the public domain for scrutiny is doing its job. Well done.