no' plate for your car

jfm

Visit site
Is it worth attracting their attention and the subsequent hassle though?

Apart from that, mis-spaced/doctored/dodgy number plate screwed/generally messed about with plates are just a bit wannabe aren't they? Like a fake Rolex, they suggest to the world "I really wanted a proper one, but I just couldn't afford it".
I wasn't making a case for anything Ari; I was merely stating a fact. I have no interest in number plates (or your 2 questions :)) and have never had a special plate :)

jfm

Visit site
Originally Posted by Golden Time
My wife received a ticket for having "show plates" in her boot that had unacceptable spacing, italics and background. The (Scottish) Police did her because her number plates were Velcro'd on and the show plates had corresponding Velcro. Supposedly they had reports her car had been seen with the plates on driving on the roads - which it hadn't, but that's rival car clubs for you. LoL.
What was the offence? Surely you can have whatever you want written on plates in the boot, it's not illegal.

Saying that she had the capability to swap them and someone reported her is a bit like saying "someone said you were going really fast the other day and your car clearly has the ability to break the speed limit, so we're booking you".

I can't see how that would stand up...

Excellent! The above shows an urban myth at its very inception (of course there is no offence in having show plates in your boot!) and then someone falling for it hook line and sinker :D :D

rafiki_

Visit site
Is it worth attracting their attention and the subsequent hassle though?

Apart from that, mis-spaced/doctored/dodgy number plate screwed/generally messed about with plates are just a bit wannabe aren't they? Like a fake Rolex, they suggest to the world "I really wanted a proper one, but I just couldn't afford it".

The most likely time to fall foul of the authorities is the MoT test, where your car should fail if the number plate is not to spec. I don't think you will get a fine, but losts of hassle instead.

ari

Visit site
I wasn't making a case for anything Ari; I was merely stating a fact. I have no interest in number plates (or your 2 questions :)) and have never had a special plate :)

Fair enough, I like a good personal plate myself.

ari

Visit site
Excellent! The above shows an urban myth at its very inception (of course there is no offence in having show plates in your boot!) and then someone falling for it hook line and sinker :D :D

err, what in my post suggests that I fell for it..? ;)

benjenbav

Visit site
Do Mercedes know what they've let themselves in for ?...

Photo-0039.jpg

Who's driving the truck?

Alan_C

Visit site
13OATS was for sale on a Range Rover in MBY classifieds - the one featuring Bart W's boat.

The 1 & 3 were almost together to look like a B.

+£30k iirc including the motor.

capsco

Visit site
13OATS was for sale on a Range Rover in MBY classifieds - the one featuring Bart W's boat.

The 1 & 3 were almost together to look like a B.

+£30k iirc including the motor.

Didn't that belong to Jim Cole ex NYA Pedro agent at Brundal.

rafiki_

Visit site
Times must be tough he has taken it off his Bentley.

The same Bentley that allows him to park on a zebra crossing to pick up his collection of pastel (XL) Gant shirts every other day ....:rolleyes:

I guess the Aston is the one registered as a cab in London, so he doesn't have to pay the Congestion Charge like ordinary folk?

Golden Time

Visit site
What was the offence? Surely you can have whatever you want written on plates in the boot, it's not illegal.

Saying that she had the capability to swap them and someone reported her is a bit like saying "someone said you were going really fast the other day and your car clearly has the ability to break the speed limit, so we're booking you".

I can't see how that would stand up...

She cant remember what they wrote on the ticket, it was only about £20 or £30 though, back when she was 18.

We're talking about a woman who didn't know that her car needed an MOT until she was pulled over for having a car that hadn't had an MOT for 2 1/2 years. Who bought a new car and, when I met her in 2010, had a 5 year old car that had never had a service because she "thought that's what happens when you take it for an MOT". and finally... she topped up her car with an entire bottle of oil through the DIPSTICK tube and then rang her dad to ask "exactly how much oil should I top up because I've done 10 litres and its still not full".

I suspect the copper saw her coming a mile off in her suped up atrocity and got himself a notch in his ticket book.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Reminds me of my wife. I was having a conversation with someone about Rev Counters and she asked "What's a Rev Counter, have I got one?". Unbelievably she has a Mini with a great big one sat on top of the steering wheel!