Nicolette Milnes Walker

G

I have recently been reading the book 'When I put out to Sea' by Nicolette Milnes Walker and was wondering what she got up to after sailing the Atlantic..

Does anyone know what happend to her?

Andrew Trayfoot

G

Yes. She married Christopher Robin Milne - the Christopher Robin of AA Milne/Winnie the Pooh books. They kept the bookshop in Dartmouth for many years. It specialized in nautical as well as other quality works.
At some point some years ago, they retired.

Rabbie

Visit site
Andrew. I remember reading that very enjoyable book some years after her voyage. In 1990 I visited Milford Haven and visited Dale Sailing Club. I was interested to see the burgee from her boat hung on the wall. She started her voyage from there.

Rabbie

Visit site
Andrew. I remember reading that very enjoyable book some years after her voyage. In 1990 I visited Milford Haven and spent an evening at Dale Sailing Club. I was interested to see the burgee from her boat hung on the wall. She started her voyage from there.

G

Correction. My error.
Nicolette married a sailor called Mr Coward. Then Mr and Mrs Coward bought the Dartmouth bookshop from Christopher Robin. The latter was of a slightly earlier generation. The Cowards ran the book shop for a number of years.