Nice weekend forecast

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
After the distinct lack of sailing days last winter... this year looks like more of the same. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Feels strange - not having to check the forecast on a daily basis.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Didn't get the sails off last Sunday as too wet. Won't happen this weekend as too windy! Boat is being lifted and mast taken off on 1 Dec. I hope Sat 29 / Sun 30 is OK.

Maybe I should try and earn some brownie points and offer to take SWMBO Christmas Shopping on Saturday. She will probably say no and want to do it on line, just she isn't very computer literate so I will end up doing it, a type of shopping I don't mind too much!

Pyro - have a great time - hope it goes well.

CPD

Visit site
I'm off to Japan with work this weekend where Tokyo has predicted 15degC and wall to wall sunshine.

Truth be told, I'd rather be here sailing. The trip back from Shotley to Bradwell yesterday was just brilliant. 4.5 hours, averaging 5.6kts with a max of 8.2 with NW's all the way growing in strength, tho 25kts just off the nose in the Blackwater was interesting.

Go on, get out there, you know you want to !. Sorry, did you say SNOW ??. Second thoughts ............. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm off to Japan with work this weekend where Tokyo has predicted 15degC and wall to wall sunshine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wasn't going to mention it but I am off to Gran Canaria on Monday just for 5 days. Last time I looked (about 5 seconds ago) prediction was for 23 deg C. Sorry! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, did you say SNOW ??. Second thoughts ............. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem
Wusses... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I believe i made a journey last Easter with a forumite and his son in snow, hail, wind, rain and no wind...... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

From Ely to Cambridge Sailing Club on the River's Ouse and Cam
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
He's a sort of stick in the mud type too /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tillergirl

Visit site
I agree with you. I have to go to Mauritius again on 3rd December for ten days work. I much rather be here. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Actually it was gorgeous on the water today. Went to service my neighbours engines and the sun was warm, the wind gentle and the creek totally peaceful. Did think though I was going to be marooned by the launchman who was an hour late collecting me.

CliveG

Visit site
IMAGE_001.jpg

This is what you call snow sailing.
You should be able to see Clacton of our port quarter but there seems to be some frozen sunshine in the way.

Marmalade

Visit site
mmm - lifting moorings this weekend. My job is to tow the barge with six blokes and up to five full sets of ground tackle - positioning it accurately in 35knts might be just too much fun...