Newtown Creek. June 25th

jimbouy

www.bluemoonlight.co.uk
I am hoping to slip in to Newtown around lunch time on the 25th. Pick up a mooring and spend the afternoon and night.

Then watch the racers go by on the Saturday morning.

Any guesses as to how crowded Newtown might be on that day.

<hr width=100% size=1> "It is a pleasure to give advice, humiliating to need it, normal to ignore it"

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Might be fairly busy, though it's usually worse during the school hols.

However crowded it gets, there's usually room for smaller craft to drop the hook at the top of the Clamerkin Lake arm, just below the oyster beds, from where there is a reasonable view of the Solent. Alternatively, if you're keen on using a buoy and they are all in use, I think it's OK to raft up, within reason.

Maybe - depending on tides - anchor overnight, then land on the end of the Western spit at the entrance in the morning, and watch from there? The view would be excellent.

I always anchor, because I'm a tight fisted git and don't want to pay £more for a mooring. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Je suis Marxiste - tendance Groucho

jimbouy

www.bluemoonlight.co.uk
I was hoping to head towards the western haven. Again small size and draft might give me an advantage. I also hope that by arriving early it'll be easier.

Nice idea of anchoring off the western arm.

Thanks
Jim

<hr width=100% size=1> "It is a pleasure to give advice, humiliating to need it, normal to ignore it"