NEWS!... Lamlash Bay, Arran

OGITD

Visit site
The Visitor Moorings in Lamlash Bay, Isle of Arran, are now in the care
of Jim Blakey, proprietor of the Holy Isle Ferry.

Jim is in the process of renewing or replacing all the existing Visitor
Moorings; as of today there are ten moorings in place with more planned
to be available in the next few weeks.

There is an overnight charge of ten pounds per mooring; this is payable
at the Holy Isle Ferry office or to the duty boatman who will call at
each vessel.

Jim asks if we would be kind enough to advise everyone of this change and that he looks forward to welcoming everyone to Lamlash Bay.

Jim can be contacted if req on 07970 771960 for further details.

Gordonmc

Visit site
I wonder why, then, friends of mine in Ardrossan last weekend said they were charged £20 for an overnight mooring in Lamlash?
This for a Moody 371, although the size of boat shouldn't matter.
The last time I picked up a mooring it was £10 and I had no problem stumping up as the Lamlash Sailing Club were maintaining the old HIDB trot and laid new moorings.
Is the ferry offering new services I don't know about?

OGITD

Visit site
Update!

I wonder why, then, friends of mine in Ardrossan last weekend said they were charged £20 for an overnight mooring in Lamlash?
This for a Moody 371, although the size of boat shouldn't matter.
The last time I picked up a mooring it was £10 and I had no problem stumping up as the Lamlash Sailing Club were maintaining the old HIDB trot and laid new moorings.
Is the ferry offering new services I don't know about?

Hi Gordon,

The details I posted were an extract from an e-mail sent to our club.
So for clarification on this matter I have just spoken with tmh (the man himself) (aka Jim), who informs me that the green moorings (trot) are all up and running, with the yellow moorings (trot) still marked as unsafe, and are in the process of being serviced / replaced.
The figure of £10 was also confirmed as the charge for an overnight.

OG.

Juggler7823

Visit site
Hi Gordon,

The details I posted were an extract from an e-mail sent to our club.
So for clarification on this matter I have just spoken with tmh (the man himself) (aka Jim), who informs me that the green moorings (trot) are all up and running, with the yellow moorings (trot) still marked as unsafe, and are in the process of being serviced / replaced.
The figure of £10 was also confirmed as the charge for an overnight.

OG.
I was last in Lamlash 2 years ago. At that time there was 2 lines of moorings. One line belonged to the ferry company. The other belonged to the yacht club. Is this still the case?

OGITD

Visit site
My Conclusion is:

I was last in Lamlash 2 years ago. At that time there was 2 lines of moorings. One line belonged to the ferry company. The other belonged to the yacht club. Is this still the case?

After speaking with Jim, I would conclude that he has ownership of both sets (green and yellow). The green ones in commission and insured, with the yellow ones in a state of replacement / repair.