New pre-release version of Sailonline race

Dipper

Visit site
Whilst watching the chat screen I spotted that there is a new pre-release version of the SOL game here.

The weather information is much more detailed which could help in our game. I haven't issued any instructions in the pre-release version in case it affects my 'real' boat.

It looks good.

Dipper

Visit site
I suppose it is but I don't know if it is accepting commands or whether it is just view only.

You have now reached the limits of my computer knowledge. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dipper

Visit site
I didn't dare call him that. It would have made him a very dangerous enemy! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Spyro

Visit site
I've tried it. It works and the search facility is good.
The weather looks different. When I look at the new online version my path to the next mark looks straightforward and simple when I look at the other version I haven't a clue.

Dipper

Visit site
I thought that as well.

I do wish the doldrums would make up their minds and stick in one place. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SWMBO may be away during the doldrum passage so I will be able to stay up all night without getting into trouble. And I will also be able to time my mealtimes to fit into the race. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dipper

Visit site
She was also away for the Mediterranean part. I am truly blessed! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mind you, yesterday's supper came at an awkward time and I gybed under duress and ended up aiming for an island.

BrendanS

Visit site
Norton is crap and overbloated. There is nothing on that site that is phishing or contains malicious data. Post on the lounge, and I'll tell you how to remove Norton, and what to replace it with, and all free software that will do as good or better job, and won't slow down your computer as much

fireball

Visit site
Ah, but (and I was supposed to keep quiet) this is Mrs ....

the non-ybw was registered prior to the ybw suggestion, so I just re-registered ... now Mrs has decided to join in (a week late) and she's going great guns! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dipper

Visit site
Have you got two computers? If not, you're stuffed. You won't get a look in. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif