New liveaboard forum

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
No sooner said than done, we weighed up the options for a curling forum or a liveaboard forum. It was a close run thing but the latter won the day.

The new forum is further down the list; if interested take a look as I've put a note there with a couple of thoughts on how it might work. I've also transferred yesterday's liveaboard thread into it, just to give it a start.

Kim

Associate Publisher ybw.com websites kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

G

Good idea. Worthy of a mention in YM and PBO ... it's an area which has been missing from the UK.

G

I hope this will turn out a good idea. The problem as I see it, is to interest editors who cannot get their brains round the live-aboard idea because they, and most of their crew, are in the rat-race.

One of the IPC mags should run it as a feature, not dominant but THERE. Probably YM, but some careful thought is due there.

Live-aboards as suitable for yottimags MUST be mobile. There are plenty who are not but there is something called the (I think) residential boat-owners assn, for the houseboaters.

Personally, I have nothing against anybody who is boat mad. I am, and I know the feeling.

I could suggest that YM stops talking down to their readership and gives better value to the dedicated. But I do not want to make waves. Motor Boat and Yachting readers do that.

William Cooper

johndf

Visit site
I've not visited the new forum yet, but is it a safe bet that there will be more posts from 'hope to be liveaboards one day', like me, than from those actually doing it already?

SNAPS

Visit site
Last year I split up with the wife and stayed on my boat for a few months (winter). Once you get a routine for stowage, laundry etc. it's really quite comfortable. An efficient indepent heater is essential all year round. Even in summer, it is quite cold at night. There seems to be some prejudice from harbour authorities though.

JACKTAR