New interior carpets for Fairline in Lymington area

Cheery

Visit site
I have 2 kids - 3 and 6 and have a similar problem.

The solution .... I got the carpets cleaned ( damn expensive in Mallorca) and then every time we visit cover it in this stuff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-X-ROLL-...0603861049?pt=UK_Flooring&hash=item5d45d9d039

Lasts for 4 weeks without passing tackiness onto the carpet. It is total magic. Takes 5 mins to put down, dont really notice it when down and at the end of the holiday pull it off and stick it in the bin - dont even need to hoover!

Relatives have used that stuff when having parties of 100 or so outside. Saves the queue for the downstairs if people can go upstairs to one of the other toilets.

admillington

Visit site
He wanted £2k to replace the carpets with another type not even the original. I thought that was way too much but maybe I'm a cheapskate:)
I am just looking for a carpet fitter/ supplier who can fit a good quality similar one so the kids can spill their breakfast or whatever over it!
I'm not keen on the original a bit too dated for my liking.

Ed is your man to do the work - he has fitted new carpets to three of my boats and the quality was excellent.

coliholic

Visit site
If it were me I'd have Andy59's bloke make me a set like that then get to him make a drop in set with bound edges to pop on top for normal day to day stuff. Then when "naice" people visit, hide the drop in set.

coliholic

Visit site
Funnily enough I was just looking on another forum and came across this recommendation:

Kustomsport who are based in Carlton near Barnsley, South Yorkshire, have got perfect replacement set of carpets for caravans.

They hold all the floor plans for a wide range of vans and cut/bind carpets chosen from a range of colours. Ring them on..01226 203347.

I know it's caravans but at the end of the day a carpet's a carpet ffs

They're fine for you to send them your old carpet or make cardboard templates and post them and they'll make them up for you in any carpet material currently used by all the major UK van manufacturers. They'll send you samples if you call them. Or if you prefer, they're fine for you to buy your own carpet from Carpet Right or whoever, cut it out yourself, send it to them and they'll bind the edges for around £1 a foot. Not bad option I'd have thought? Website is www.kustomsport.co.uk

coliholic

Visit site
Yes. My comment to coliholic above is timeless :D:D

So Sanjay Tuli's first post today was to revive a two year old thread. I wonder why? But must admit to not realising how old the thread was. Wonder if OP got it sorted

BTW jfm, was thinking about changing my forum dame What do you think of earl Grey. Or maybe Earl even greyier? What do you think?

Last edited:

crazy4557

Visit site
Somebody loved my carpet so much that they bought the boat :cool::D;)

Andy, you recommended the guy that eventually fitted the new carpets and same thing happened to me....the boat sold too.
So, if you need to sell your boat get the carpets replaced and your wish will come true:cool:

bluetooth

Visit site
I can highly recommend Marcus from Taylor Carpets & Vinyls - info@tayflor.co.uk
He is a boatie and has own business. He redid the carpet for my Targa 34 in March before I sold her and then my 2002 Targa 40 purchased in August as I was so pleased with T34 result. Uses a bleach proof carpet so excellent for maintenance. Am really pleased with the work from an aesthetic, functional and service perspective. He travelled to Poole to do work so is pretty flexible. NB - I have no connection with his business.