New ePropulsion eLite?

nestawayboats

www.nestawayboats.com
Is the motor a fully sealed design or is it more like the thrustme kicker (brushless outrunner which floods with water)?
eLite motor is a fully sealed design, custom designed and made by ePropulsion themselves. They are very well aware of the potential problems with outrunner motors for this application... ie likely use in salt water and customers won't rinse out every use (either because they dont read instructions or its not practical).

In that respect at least - and being able to see them next to each other (we sell both) - the eLite appears much more "robust" (and practical, you dont have to rinse after every use) than the ThrustMe.

ThrustMe is still lighter though if that's your absolute priority and the (smaller) battery capacity is sufficient.

Ian
Nestaway Boats Ltd

Helidan

Visit site
eLite motor is a fully sealed design, custom designed and made by ePropulsion themselves. They are very well aware of the potential problems with outrunner motors for this application... ie likely use in salt water and customers won't rinse out every use (either because they dont read instructions or its not practical).

In that respect at least - and being able to see them next to each other (we sell both) - the eLite appears much more "robust" (and practical, you dont have to rinse after every use) than the ThrustMe.

ThrustMe is still lighter though if that's your absolute priority and the (smaller) battery capacity is sufficient.

Ian
Nestaway Boats Ltd
Thanks for the info, good to know that they used a fully sealed motor. I think that is a key consideration for these sort of outboards in order to avoid all sorts of headaches.

Mark-1

Visit site
Rowing a small inflatable with 2 people in it is not easy - 2nd person has to sit on the floor in a puddle, or on a side tube which makes rowing nigh on impossible. Then add in a load of gear to make it even harder. 500Wh should be ample for a couple of miles of that.

That's certainly true but then for low usage it might be similar time to make two shuttle trips than to clamp on and manage an OB. You're just swapping an oar faff for a managing an outboard faff.

Factor in the four figure cost and it looks a bit crazy. Might as well commit to oars or a more versatile outboard.

I'm sure it will work for some people but feels quite a niche market to me.

Andrew_Trayfoot

Visit site
I have posted this before, but for those that have not seen it..

800w 32v

Am just in the process of upgrading the battery for 12 to 60ah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428_161705_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_161705_OneDrive.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 3