New Company taking on Watchet Marina

graham

Visit site
Theres more info on the Watchet town face book page.

There called Western Marinas or something similar.

Hopefully they know what they are up against.Fingers crossed and wishing them good luck.

Binnacle

Visit site
Hmm, office moves for the owner of the substantive lease, all kinds of cross-financing deals, the other Marine Property Group marinas (Odling-Smee) still mentioned in the background, a new charge involving Tab Group as a holding company...

What a merry-go-round.

GEM43

Visit site
Hmm, office moves for the owner of the substantive lease, all kinds of cross-financing deals, the other Marine Property Group marinas (Odling-Smee) still mentioned in the background, a new charge involving Tab Group as a holding company...

What a merry-go-round.
Indeed. A very muddy merry-go-round.

38mess

Visit site
They need a lot of money behind them and a few dredgers to hand whoever takes it over. Don't want to sound pessimistic but I think watcher as a marina is a money pit and would drain profits off

Binnacle

Visit site
I was with the Fishermans Cooperative waiting for a berth as soon as Dean and Dyball finished the "new " work. It was evident that the main harbour would silt up, and there was aplan to use the river and divert it with a series of gates to flush the mud. But the Environment Agency said No.

They have changed their mind now, and clever use of the river and 'mud sweeping' with a deep screw boat could clear the harbour in a year,

I can't imagine the French allowing such corrupt commercial interests as previous owners to kill a harbour so effectively. If Somerset had any vision, they would have set up a CIC and made it a publicly owned marina.

PCUK

Visit site
Reports in the Somerset press say that West Somerset Council are planning to start dredging the outer harbour this week ready for the new marina owners, Western Marinas, to start dredging the marina. The new owners intend a full rewire of the marina, dredging to ensure a constant supply of water and generally upgrading the marina.
We've heard it all before but this company seems well based with experienced and well regarded directors who know what they are doing.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

38mess

Visit site
Reports in the Somerset press say that West Somerset Council are planning to start dredging the outer harbour this week ready for the new marina owners, Western Marinas, to start dredging the marina. The new owners intend a full rewire of the marina, dredging to ensure a constant supply of water and generally upgrading the marina.
We've heard it all before but this company seems well based with experienced and well regarded directors who know what they are doing.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Best keep them crossed. Rebadged CMG.

Allan

Visit site
I share the cautious optimism shown above. One concern I would add is that all the highly thought of directors will require paying from day one. I would rather hear details of when, how and by whom the dredging will be done. It's people in overalls that are needed not people in suits.
However good luck to all involved.
Allan

solitaire11

Visit site
It's all the same directors/people from the marine group, but without smee's name, but he'll be involved 100%.. so i'd say the place is doomed, why would they take it on if they could'nt make it work before? It's even the same useless dredger 😬