New colour scheme, 35' fin keel.

Mei Mac

www.smala.net
I've recently changed the topsides colour of my boat from red to white. The cabin and decks are white and grey. I intend painting the underside with black antifoul.

My red sail cover is very, very faded as is my red spray hood which I intend changing. I can therefore get rid of all the red outside apart from red UV strip on my genoa. I have no dodgers. I could of course stick to red canvas everywhere but I believe red fades quicker than any other colour?

The cushions in the cabin are all red which I intend to keep (good condition, no budget to buy new covers).

I fancy a black spray hood and sail cover with the only red visible outside being the the red UV strip (which I think would go with the red interior. So a black white grey red 'colour scheme'.

Then again I'm tempted to go for blue canvas everywhere (apart from the red UV strip) since there seems to be a wider choice available in blue and apparently blue doesn't fade as badly as other colours. But I don't want it to look like a floating Brexit bus.

Any ideas appreciated.

Tranona

Visit site
Grey is the in colour. Get your canvas worker to show you the Sunbrella colour swatches, i think there is a choice of 40 colours or so.

Stemar

Visit site
Ask my Artistic Director, and she'll tell you to forget the blue, though navy is less offensive to her eyes than the bright mid blue that is so common.

Jazzcat, being a Catalac, has white hulls and pale grey topsides. "We" have decided that a mid grey for the spray hood and sail cover would look best, with matching cockpit cushions. I think it'll work, but I'm just a bloke, what do I know?