New boat (lots of pictures)!!!

davesimmons

Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just got some photos of my new purchase for everyone's viewing pleasure! Thanks again for the help and advice received on the forum - it was greatly appreciated.

Heres my purchase - a 2003 Regal 1800 1.7TD with 27 hours on the clock
RegalFront.jpg

and from another angle
RegalSide.jpg

Inside
RegalCockpit.jpg

First trip with a mate round Studland (notice the captain's hat someone purchased - and no it was not me)!
MeandTommy.jpg

Yee-hahhhh /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Ye-haa.jpg

Past Old Harry
OldHarry.jpg

Tom is slightly surprised at getting the Captain's hat for a while
Tommy.jpg

Coming in takes utmost concentration (2 seconds after I took this photo Tom abandons Captains Chair and it was up to me)!
TommyMooring.jpg

All in all a fantastic day - we had lots of fun, lived, and didn't kill anyone so really very successful
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

B175Chris

Visit site
Great news, they are a great fun, you'll love it!

(I have that captain hat as well, not bought by me of course /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

davesimmons

Visit site
Fun is an understatement – I’m grin so much that other boat users give me a wide berth because they think I'm the village idiot (not so far from the truth I suppose) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif With it being Diesel as well it is proving extremely economical. I know people will point to the demise of red diesel but I guess we just have to enjoy it while we can
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

davesimmons

Visit site
Sorry to hear that ValleyForge - why would people want to take the fun out of boating.

By the way Gludy congrats on your result. A friend of mine puts it correctly - it's like taking a lead overcoat off! You'll will have to hang onto something or you'll float away

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Diesel!

I'm impressed. Enjoy, stay safe and without being a complet drudge, I hope you had lifejackets handy and an engine stop lead attached to your person.

davesimmons

Visit site
Engine stop was attached and life jackets were in front compartment (worn around Old Harry) as well as flares etc. Don't worry about foolishness as we were the sensible one’s – we chugged up to pontoon at almost idle and two idiots in a speedboat came up at almost full chat. Pontoon owner went mental and to top it off one of them fell in when pushing off – we were all in hysterics as he was dragging himself out of the water
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Good answer. Just checking, but no doubt someone will mention that they work better when worn.

You know they work better when you wear them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

davesimmons

Visit site
I know, I know. To be fair when the pictures were taken we were either stationary or tailoring in about 4 feet of water with three of us onboard - all excellent swimmers.
Point taken though as I know you preach the truth /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Yes, they work better when worn /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif and I've also got a hat like that and i didn't buy mine either (nor wear it!!) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Nice looking boat, well done and enjoy

How do I get a forum burgee

Dave_Snelson

www.makeyourowngarments.com
Wonderful - and the pics are great. I hope you get many seasons enjoyment from her.

Let me introduce you to my worthy old adage which you are clearly using already. When in a marina or port..."go dead slow and look like a pro - go too quick and look like a ...."

Clearly the chaps in the speedboat didn't know this /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

davesimmons

Visit site
Boat is called Dymas - wave if you see me!

Have not got exact performance figures as yet but over the Easter weekend we had four days use bombing it around - guesstimate we used about £30 - £35 of fuel (red diesel).

Went out with one mate in perfect conditions and got it up to around 40mph but as everyone points out that is a real estimate as the Speedo is apparently very unreliable. Average with 4 – 5 people in boat is 32 – 35mph.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
that is a real estimate as the Speedo is apparently very unreliable

[/ QUOTE ]
Take a battery operated sat nav next time and set it to show speed.