NELSON 60 prop shaft sealing

tbfrance

Visit site
Can anyone help identifying this? from documentation it could be Halyard deep sea seal, but apparently they do not sell these anymore, any help to solve leaking, change the system etc would be greatly appreciated thanks Tony
IMG_5343.jpg

penfold

Visit site
As above, what's in the weird cowl thing? Also, what is lurking under that bit of wood; just a shaft brush or something else? More photos please.

tbfrance

Visit site
more photos if anyone can help

Attachments

• seal5.jpeg
    seal5.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 27
  • seal7.jpeg
    seal7.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 29
  • seal8.jpeg
    seal8.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 26
  • seal15.jpeg
    seal15.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 26
  • seal19.jpeg
    seal19.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 27

penfold

Visit site
The rubber bit does look like a Deep Sea Seal but I've never seen the metal cowl/clamp ring thing before; perhaps the larger sizes had that to create more axial force on the seal face.

Croftie

Visit site
The rubber bit does look like a Deep Sea Seal but I've never seen the metal cowl/clamp ring thing before; perhaps the larger sizes had that to create more axial force on the seal face.
Lettering on it does say D.S.S Ltd so that would point to some variant of Deep Sea Seal

Tranona

Visit site

tbfrance

Visit site
Decided that Tide marine sealing to be the best to fit. Problem cant find a serious French mechanic to do the job. The vessel is on the dry in Rouen France so if anyone knows a good reliable UK company or marine engineer willing to do the job in Rouen France I would welcome hearing from them. Rouen is just over 2 hours drive from Calais or 1 hour from Le Havre ferry.