Need some help with a couple of things cad 42 Volvo penta enginrs

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
Hi. Can any body stop the rest of my hair fallling out.

Firstly what does this bolt do on the solenoid. As I have snapped it on my other engine. Just wondered why it is set out like that is there away to rig it up without it.

This big spacer between the red wire and black wire. On the other photos are of the other engine. Does that big black lead get attached to the red like that or should it be placed somewhere else. Is the earth conection to the other engine connected like that or does it go on the starter motor bolt any help is very much appreciated. Cheers danny

9759BBB3-4F10-472C-A1AD-01AB47B38D1F.jpegEBCCD734-C2F8-4A7E-A184-0DE44A538283.jpegEBCCD734-C2F8-4A7E-A184-0DE44A538283.jpeg

Attachments

• D7A08442-E217-4826-BB6B-AED0467CA3B2.jpeg
    D7A08442-E217-4826-BB6B-AED0467CA3B2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
The plastic block with the two stud terminals is the trim pump fuse , some comedian has attached a feed direct from the starter motor or possibly used the feed for something else , to avoid a possible short or fire I’d be asking someone competent to look at it .

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
The big black wire is not from the starter motor and only reaches that erminal. I am trying to reverse engineer from the other engine however it doesn’t have this wir on it. I have tested it and it is definitely the positive supply. I’m stuck in France with just a crazy french man that don’t speak a word of our lingo for help.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
The big black wire is not from the starter motor and only reaches that erminal. I am trying to reverse engineer from the other engine however it doesn’t have this wir on it. I have tested it and it is definitely the positive supply. I’m stuck in France with just a crazy french man that don’t speak a word of our lingo for help.
One wire comes from starter solenoid the other goes to the trim pump , I’d guess the thick cable is supplying something else or it’s feeding the trim pump un fused .

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
Well. If the wire don’t go on there as it’s a fuse and it doesn’t go to the starter as that’s already there other than the trim power is there anywhere else it could go as I do not have power to the ignition switch on that engine so it’s obviously breaking the circuit where it is m