NEC 'Boat' and Caravan Show

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Hi all,
anyone been along to the boaty bit of this mainly caravan show? Anything there for us coastal / offshore types?
Phil

We went yesterday. Although I spent very little time in the boats section, Hall 1, there seemed to be very little to interest a coastal yachtsman. Last year or the year before we bought quite a bit of stuff including antifouling, from e.g. CJ Marine, Jimmy Green, etc , and a few years before bought a handheld GPS from a marine chandler. None of them were there this year and the hall seemed to be mainly narrowboats with a sprinkling of sailboards and dinghies. We only went to buy another General Ecology filter for the new van.

It was a pleasant change to be handed a free show guide on entry and to take advantage of many show reductions. For example, bought 10 LEDs from CAK, every fifth one free, almost-genuine Crocs for £4.50, a pair of £99 binos for £60, ex-demo but as new.

nimbusgb

www.umfundi.com
We went yesterday. Although I spent very little time in the boats section, Hall 1, there seemed to be very little to interest a coastal yachtsman. Last year or the year before we bought quite a bit of stuff including antifouling, from e.g. CJ Marine, Jimmy Green, etc , and a few years before bought a handheld GPS from a marine chandler. None of them were there this year and the hall seemed to be mainly narrowboats with a sprinkling of sailboards and dinghies. We only went to buy another General Ecology filter for the new van.

It was a pleasant change to be handed a free show guide on entry and to take advantage of many show reductions. For example, bought 10 LEDs from CAK, every fifth one free, almost-genuine Crocs for £4.50, a pair of £99 binos for £60, ex-demo but as new.

Aten lighting are tucked down in the far bottom corner of Hall 5, LEDs at considerably less than Cak!

I bought 100m of Atlantic 16mm 3 strand blue polyester mooring line for £100 from excite sports. At Jimmy Greens it would have been around £385