Neat racing interiors, photos/ideas/inspiration

DHV90

Visit site
Ive tracked down a pair of pipe cots for mine actually, I love them and the PO replaced the originals that my boat had with two regular stile double aft bunks, so Im removing one of the regular double bunks and replacing it with pipe cot bunk beds, also useful for packing sails in etc. or luggage. Ill keep the double berth on the other side for sleeping in port though, balance of both i guess. the two bunks together almost completely enclose the aft half of the interior hull making it all stagnant with no air flow and hard to reach for storage, this should open it up a bit, make the interior more useable and make the boat better at sea. Im really surprised these arent more common in small boats now!

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Ive tracked down a pair of pipe cots for mine actually, I love them and the PO replaced the originals that my boat had with two regular stile double aft bunks, so Im removing one of the regular double bunks and replacing it with pipe cot bunk beds, also useful for packing sails in etc. or luggage. Ill keep the double berth on the other side for sleeping in port though, balance of both i guess. the two bunks together almost completely enclose the aft half of the interior hull making it all stagnant with no air flow and hard to reach for storage, this should open it up a bit, make the interior more useable and make the boat better at sea. Im really surprised these arent more common in small boats now!

a picture of the RM970 I just took at the boat show: it's the aft starboard side, first there is the toilet, then a space which can be converted into a giant locker or a single berth cabin; it s hardly visible in the picture but inside there is a removable berth made with a piece of cloth and a straight metal pipe sitting in two U-shaped pieces of plastic at its extremes. The four bolts on the bulkhead, above the toilet seat, are one of the two.
The port side has the "regular" double berth cabin.
Indeed seems a very sensible solution.

IMG_20171206_133315.jpg

DHV90

Visit site
Thats interesting to see, shame RM dont photo that area on their website! But cool to see a modern manufacturers approach, Ill definitely be immitating that. Thanks for the pic! Just what I was after :)

Edit: also a big fan of the non skid tape on the floors, looks smart and very practical!

Keen_Ed

Visit site
https://youtu.be/lN59xRBQPqA?t=6m5s

see here for the interior of the Beneteau Figaro 3 short handed racing boat. Sleeping on beanbags, kit stored on pipecots and stacked as necessary (illegal for RORC & JOG racing). No head and no galley (so not OSR compliant) - bucket and jetboil suspended as necessary, I would guess.

c.buck

Visit site
I've always wondered this too, and it's interesting seeing the responses in this thread. A few years ago I was involved in designing a new cruiser racer for a European manufacturer, and we toyed with the idea of a removable interior. It was quite a complex idea for the designers, however the application was super easy in the sense that the entire interior was wing nutted into place. It would then take 2 - 3 hours to remove/replace all the furniture between events.
Question is, is it worth it? there are gains for being heavier under IRC, and if everything is as it should be with the magic ratings, then why would it matter!?