Navtex that won't work as it should

jonnyflybridge

Visit site
Navtex that won\'t work as it should

I have a Navtex Pro-plus and with all the stations and messages programmed to on, all I ever recieve is messages starting EB, gale warnings are handy but I'd like the weather too.
Ive tried both Local and International settings, and theres no differance.
Anyone got any ideas?

<hr width=100% size=1>

[2574]

Visit site
Re: Navtex that won\'t work as it should

This is obvious, but my set allows the user (in the setup functions) to specify which stations and what type of messages it should receive. It will then ignore all non-relevant messages. Are you sure that your setup isn't configured only to receive the one station (E, which from memory is Niton) and one message type (B which I cannot remember what message type this is)? It could well be ignoring all other messages.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Re: Navtex that won\'t work as it should

Following on from Robin
Set the Stations and the Messages to ALL.
You should get lots of irrelevant information but then you can start to set the types such as weather that you want to receive.
NAVTEX is quite crap really because the signals are weak and in a marina with lots of vertical yachty masts the reception is poor. On your set you should be able to see a picture of the signal strength. This should look like two columns with some overlap but not so much that it looks like one thick column, the separation is important for the way it picks up signals.
Earthing is really important and more critical than areal position. See if you can attach it via a separate wire to a good earthing point in contact with the sea (ie the engine) In marinas I plug the earth into the electical earth socket for improved results.
hope this helps
David

<hr width=100% size=1>