Navico DL200

G

After 8 seasons my Navico speed instrument, a DL200, has abruptly quit this year. Since going in the water it stubbornly reads 0.0. The display head seems ok, the wiring is not interrupted, but on spinning the transducer wheel the output does not register any change. Has anyone any experience with this? Or how to troubleshoot it? Can replacement transducers be obtained for this rather old instrument? Navico (or Simrad-Navico) have not replied to Emails. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks. John Musgrave

steffen

Visit site
Had the same problem last year, Turned out to be the transducer. I tried to repair it but to no avail; its a sealed unit with a reed relais inside activated by little magnets in the paddlewheel.
Bought a new one from Simrad for about Nlg 220,= which is approx. 70 pounds.

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
Before getting the complete transducer, have a look at the paddelwheel. There should be two small magnets on oposing blades. The paddlewheel costs about £15 and is held in with two very small axle-pin/screws.

I had to change one last year when the log was reading half speed. One magnet had come out.

regards,
Philip

charles_reed

Visit site
I'd strongly recommend giving up the battle now - and thank your lucky stars you've had trouble-free service for so long.

Change to the Corus system - I can tell you that Navico/Simrad have no spares for these instruments.

I speak from bitter, hard-won experience - tho' Mike before he sold the company did the right thing by me.