Navicarte - French Inland Waterways charts needed

dhowarth

Visit site
If anyone has Navicart 1 or any other charts / books for the French Inland Waterway system I would definately be interested. Heading from Le Havre to the Med in July.

bullen

Visit site
We have a bag of books and charts from when my folks did the trip about 20 years ago. I dont know how much inland waterway charts change over the years, but you are welcome to have them. They are on our boat in Haslar marina at the moment. Give me a pm and perhaps we can sort something out

Jan

saskia

Visit site
You can get them mail order from Amazon, also Seachest or the RYA bookshop - though they are quite costly. I find them OK for navigation, but the information on facilities - e.g. fuel, water, electricity, showers etc - at various stopping places, tends to be a bit iffy.

Enjoy your trip

Shanta

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
but the information on facilities - e.g. fuel, water, electricity, showers etc - at various stopping places, tends to be a bit iffy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not kidding, we took our yacht though to the med. She was right on the height/depth limit which turned out only to be a problem when trying to stop any were. As the banks were generally a lot shallower than on the charts, even takeing into account the fresh water depth of our hull.
Make sure you well stocked up on food as shopping can be a real pain. We found a lot of stops werent there.

landaftaf

Visit site
when did you do the trip and what was the limiting depth/air draught - does it vary according to the seasons ?

just beginning to formulate a plan and this is exactly the info needed

many tnx in advance /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
You can get Navicarte from France at www.eaubleue.com or contact@eaubleue.com for 15 Euros each - about £10 plus postage ... I think they are £15 in UK plus postage but pleased check - these folks do very fast turn around....

Depths vary becuase of hot summers or works problems. If you are on or near the limit you will touch sometimes for sure but generally it is possible to get a tow off... There is some canal info at my web site..

Keltman

Visit site
We had some difficulty geting Navicartes in France (2004) we managed to get a couple for the Seine as far as Paris in Deauville.There were none to be had in Honfleur.Having got to Rouen and moored at Wiltards Marina we went to the chandlers next door and got all we needed to get to the Med.If you are in Le Havre you may be lucky and meet someone who has come from the Med and buy their copies.