Nasa Target HF3 SSB Marine Communications Receiver on Ebay starting at £100

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
I'm selling my Nasa Target HF3 SSB Marine Communications Receiver. It's in good working order- auction starting price is £100.
The set covers a wide frequency range, from 30kHz to 30MHz, including Weatherfax and Navtex frequencies.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131143904066
Inspection welcome (Southampton), cash on collection would be fine.

Dear greenalien, looking at the new prices, might I respectfully suggest that your starting price on ebay is way too high?
I genuinely don't think anybody will start at 100, when a new one is not so much more, with guarantee. (eg Seamark Nunn, a top chandlers) If you start at 99p, you will start a bidding war, including me, all the best, Jerry

greenalien

Visit site
Hi Jerry,
Thanks for your response - however, after buying and selling loads of stuff on Ebay, I've concluded that it's best to set a starting price that's the least you're prepared to take for the item - no different from setting a reserve, really, except that it's more transparent to bidders, and much less frustrating. This is due to the way Ebay automatically bids incrementally, but it will only go past the reserve if 2 bidders each bid above it - so if the item starts at 99p with a £100 reserve, and you submit a maximum bid of £101, the bidding will only go up to a couple of pounds and the item will show 'Reserve not met' unless someone bids against you.
The last HF3 that I saw on Ebay sold for £130, new they seem to be available from around £165, so quite a difference.
Good luck if you decide to bid, those last couple of seconds are critical!