Narrowseas Club, based on the Crouch

D&T

Visit site
I hope its within the rules to promote a club I am a member of, apologies is not. I just wanted to raise awareness of a club 80 years old, as it may be ideal for those wishing to cruise in company the local rivers

The Narrowseas Club is a very friendly Club, basing on cruising the surrounding areas, the link to the website is

http://www.narrowseasclub.co.uk/

I have been a member for 2 years and its very informal, extremely friendly and we have a sailing program (viewable on the website), which has rallies every 2/3 over the sailing season, plus additional social events. There is no pressure to attend rallies, but if you fancy it, come along.

There is also a member forum, which keeps everyone in touch, especially good when arranging berths for rallies, departure times etc.

Its also very cheap at £35 year, no joining fees.

If anyone wants any further info please contact me and I will give my phone no out to a PM request, application forms are also downloadable on the website

D&T

Visit site
Yes, we plan to go, usually have 8 to 12 boats . Some after the Calais Rally do a cruise to Holland

Lets hope the weather is better this year

trellsy

Visit site
Hey David,

I too owe a lot to the Narrow Seas Club and I think it is an undiscovered gem for those looking for company when cruising, knowledgeable experienced boating and navigation advice and some like-minded people to share a pint with at your destination. I cruise single handed in a 28 foot boat and I would not have revisited or discovered new destinations without this Burnham yacht club. Before joining this Burnham based cruising club I would have a "wait and see" approach to the season, hoping that when the triple combination of good tides, the weather and a free diary would occur I would use the boat. It is no surprise that these three things rarely occur and using the boat is left to chance, since joining the club I now have the entire season mapped out according to favourable tides and the diary steered away from those dates, if the weather is poor there is a group of you that can choose a safe raft up, run round Potton Island or a few pints at Fambridge.
My question is what is it that people want from their boats and how can a club help achieve this?

Last edited: