My Elf faering

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
I believe it is a plan by Iain Oughtred. He has an interesting website with a catalogue of plans and I think this is one of them.

DownWest

Visit site
Is that the same design built by the boat builder Anton Fitzpatrick in the TV series "Dreamboats" ?

Yes, mate had the opportunity to buy the unfinished boat after the series. Lovely boat. I have a gunter rigged Whilly Tern by Iain Oughtred.

Edit: Are you putting a rig on her? You should bring her to www.semainedugolfe.com next year.

BTW, some nice cars on your page too.

Last edited:

tobermoryphil

Visit site
I believe it is a plan by Iain Oughtred. He has an interesting website with a catalogue of plans and I think this is one of them.
Correct- it is one of Iain's. The ply strakes and building moulds came from Jordan Boats.

DownWest: I don't think I will rig her for sailing.
The cars on my page were/are some of mine. I still have the Spitfire and the 1926 Derby saloon, and wish I could have afforded to keep the Brescia.
I built the pedal car version for my late son's third birthday.

Last edited:

Romeo

Visit site
Out from the polytunnel cocoon! Thankfully the trailer seems to fit it.

Fizz ready for the official launch in a few days.

Make sure you pootle about Tobermory Bay in her when the St Ayles skiffs are over for the regatta on 6 September. Hunners of people there to tell you how handsome she is.

Romeo

Visit site
Looks great, nice and slippery. I think I will be at South Queensferry, rather than Tobs, but I know that there are St Ayles skiffs from Luing, Seil, Ardersier and Collieston coming over to your lovely island.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
I notice the pointed prow and stern. There is an ancient tradition that eights on the Cam have a rubber ball on the prow; apparently it dates back to a time when a cox was fatally speared by the pointed prow of an eight!

DownWest

Visit site
I notice the pointed prow and stern. There is an ancient tradition that eights on the Cam have a rubber ball on the prow; apparently it dates back to a time when a cox was fatally speared by the pointed prow of an eight!
Not just on the Cam, when I rowed in the 60s around Weybridge & Walton on Thames, all our eights had rubber balls for just that reason ( the stories were predictably gory)
But turning after a race, it was a real risk.