MVII Photo URL...

paulineb

Visit site
Motley Crew

Just looking at the piccies and u'd've thought it was a 'dry' boat, but then spotted the top of a tinnie in the pic showing MVII's impressive rooster tail. As for the crew:

BarryD - very Eamonn Holmes-ish
Matts - bad lighting, but sort of Roy Castle-ish grin and Jarvis Cocker hair.
DaveS - Can tell from the profile. Any full face pix ?

Pauline B

G

Good pics Graham - well done , but it doesn't look very rough to me . Are these guys building up their part, or were these the only times that they dare pick up the camera???

G

Re: damned if I know

my part so far was to strip the pics out of a Word doc, build a web page and host it on my demon site... I don't get my chance to feed the fish till next week. Photos from my delivery trip in July were similar, tho - you only get to take piccies in the calm bits ;-)

Col

Visit site
So thats what you all look like!! glad you all had a safe journey.
Looking forward to more of "mad" Matts ramblings.
All very entertaining.

BarryD

Visit site
Re: damned if I know

NeilC / GW didn't want to lose the camera along with breakkie! Big swells a plenty, a number of times on the Eastbourne approach and around Dungeness we were not moving despite bags of power being applied.

And of course it's all talked up - who'd be in boating if you couldn't say...

"Force 5, call that a force 5, why only last week I took my dinghy out in a stonger wind. OK she laid down a lot, but that was a wind. This is just a breeze. Wot come out with you now? Would love too but I've got some grass to watch grow."

AND Eamon Holmes indeed Pauline - if we break in Brighton next week I shall be round to steal you're fenders!

Barry D.

BarryD

Visit site
Re: It was a compliment ...

My apologies Pauline, I sit corrected I shan't steal your fenders - and thank you for the complement!

G

Re: bimini

there's a whole load of metal holding the bimini up, wd've taken ages to take down. Mainly, we wanted the extra (thin plastic) at front screen up, else bit cold for long trip.

However, on nicer days I wd have it down so nice and wind in the hair.

adarcy

Visit site
Re: MVII Carbuncle

Great story from matts
Great to see photos of the villans and MegaVice2 BUT...

b***er the discussion about having the bimini up in that weather

WHAT is the carbuncle that has grown on the bimini between pictures 8 and 9 ;-)

Anthony

G

Re: MVII Carbuncle

think that is the boat behind.

incidentally the weather looks fine on the pics...but they were all taken either in estuary just out from Bradwell marina, or (just1) around Dover, bit flatter. No chance whatsoever at other times v wary of letting go of the boat with bang slam slam.

G

Good piccies Graham, thanks for posting them.

Barry, if you have a look on PBO, there's a good thread running there that'll interest you.

It's all about seasick pills. Though I think you can manage to get seasick without any pills, so maybe no need ;-)

Oh and when you do the final trip, please try to get some decent pics of the REALLY big waves so you can impress us even more. <G>

Graham, are you sure you don't want to help me watch my paint dry?

Colin

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Mmm, the camera can be so unkind. Does the good ship MV2 have heating and has this anything to do with the fact that our intrepid threesome aborted citing wavelets higher than 4"?

BarryD

Visit site
Ahh, so true for the camera to lie. No heating on MVII except on shore power, and difficult to take pictures of the bigger waves when holding on for dear life!

Truth be told maybe we did run for harbour sooner than you'd have done Mike but it was (is) supposed to be fun not a trial of strength, it's not as if we had to deliver a cargo or be somewhere elses by a set time - on an untried boat with a novice sailer (me) on board going in is better than going under.

We also noticed that of the three boats that departed Eastbourne as we tried to get in, two of them turned around straight-away and followed us back in. So others must have figured you'd need to be a pra** to be out, when you could be in.

To steal a line from flying...
"Far better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here"

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Barry, I think you lot had a fair amount of balls to attempt the trip at this time of year anyway and on a new boat with a novice skipper, I would have done the same thing, probably earlier. Actually, I would have been sorely tempted to have stuck the boat on a lorry, if truth be told!
Good luck with the new toy