More fat cats

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
These people are Chief Executives of businesses turning over hundreds of millions of pounds per year and employing thousands of people. In private sector terms, their salaries look to be somewhere around the Median to Lower Quartile level to me; hardly fat cats. Some of them aren't very good at their jobs but hey, neither was Fred Goodwin.

As for pensions - final salary arrangements may have disappeared for the hoi polloi in the private sector, but they - or an equivalent level of funding - are alive and kicking at Board level, believe me.

No, I'm not a Public Sector employee.

[runs for cover /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif]

Visit site
Oh, yes. The highest-paid of them managed to lose over £50 million in a dodgy Icelandic bank. And don't tell me that no-one knew any better. Several high-profile individuals and organisations did, were calling for caution, and were ignored by the fat cats in Local Government.

But it's OK. It's not as if anyone has to take personal responsibility for the loss of public money.....

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

savageseadog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
These people are Chief Executives of businesses turning over hundreds of millions of pounds per year and employing thousands of people. ...............

[runs for cover /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif]

[/ QUOTE ] No they aren't "turning over" hundreds of millions of pounds. They are spending hundreds of millions of pounds which is a far easier task than earning it. I don't consider senior council officers to be in any way equivalent to businessmen or entrepreneurs. A council has a guaranteed income and a structure set out by law making the job extremely easy.
As for employing thousands of people, it's usually a case of employing thousands of people too many.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Aha! success!

f3.jpg

Shouldn't this post be in the Lounge?

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

robertj

Visit site
just like to inform sailor man that police and firebrigade pay extortionate contributions each month. Ever seen a Copper in action with the public? Good god man they diserve it! 30 odd years of doing that must drive you mad.

bob

not an ex copper either